Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

What? What do you want?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by 3fngrs, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Nubs

Nubs Tele-Afflicted

Aug 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    My old faithful gal Lina waiting for her dinner:

[​IMG]

3fngrs and Jakedog like this.

2. Steve Holt

Steve Holt Tele-Holic

May 29, 2016
    Kansas
    She has one of those really cute faces that she uses to get into all sorts of mischief and get into trouble, but you can't stay mad because look at that face!

3. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 26, 2003
    The North Coast
    Nah, he'd wait forever for me to wake up. This one however, wouldn't even wait for me to get cold.

IMG_1987.JPG

4. esetter

esetter Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Sep 1, 2011
    MI

5. Geoff738

Geoff738 Poster Extraordinaire

May 11, 2007
    Toronto
    I miss my dog.

Cheers,
    Geoff

paparoof likes this.

6. paparoof

paparoof Tele-Holic

Dec 22, 2013
    minneapolis
    I've gone back and forth on this one many times. How fascinating it would be to actually see into their wee minds for just a glimpse of what's actually going on in there. But then I settle on *not* wanting to know because there's no way he could possibly live up to the character that my wife and I have invented for him. Kind of like the thing where you don't actually want to meet your heroes right?

7. 3fngrs

3fngrs Friend of Leo's

Oct 30, 2017
    Ohio
    Eat, poop, sleep, get pets, chew toy, repeat

8. You-Tele-Me

You-Tele-Me Tele-Meister

Feb 24, 2017
    Vancouver Island
    Both dogs and cats are testing the widely circulated (among dogs and cats) theory that if you stare at a human long enough, the human will do something interesting*. The interesting thing may well involve food and/or travel. It's definitely worth being vigilant even if the human is sleeping. Sooner or later, there is a payoff. Dogs tend to be more patient than cats. Cats have a theory that things may speed up if they paw at the human. There are no cats running the control group on that experiment, so they do not know whether their intervention speeds things up or not.

*Note that even never waking up and then starting to stink is still an 'interesting' result from their perspective.

WetBandit, TeleTucson and 3fngrs like this.

9. T-bone Ted

T-bone Ted TDPRI Member

Feb 28, 2018
    Louisville, Ky
    20170515_170020.jpg

Rocky and one his many 'stink eye' looks!

10. WetBandit

WetBandit Friend of Leo's

Oct 11, 2016

I will give you my very non expert opinion...

The pups, just like mine and most other people's look to you as their leader... you are the alpha at all times, and when not sleeping they are constantly observing us as their leader.

They are pack animals and they follow their leader to the very end! That is why they are "man's best friend".

This is also why a dog usually responds better to one person...either husband or wife or whatever, they listen to and observe more diligently the person they deem Alpha.

They are awaiting your very passive guidance simply through observing you....And it makes them feel calm and safe when they can directly see you.

Then again it could just be the bacon grease in my beard they want?

20180225_224504.jpg
    My boy likes to sleep on the couch with his neck in the "broke" position...

11. 3fngrs

3fngrs Friend of Leo's

Oct 30, 2017
    Ohio
    You are absolutely right about pack order.

12. Boubou

Boubou Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 30, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.