Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

What was your first pedal?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Big_Bend, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Big_Bend

Big_Bend Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 19, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I had an original TS-808 back in the early 80s when I first started playing guitar. Wish I still had it. That was my one and only pedal for a long time. Had it stolen from a practice place about 10 years later. I have no idea what my 2nd pedal was.

Do you remember your first pedal?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011

2. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Friend of Leo's

Mar 29, 2007
    Manassas Park, VA
    I really only use 4 (5 max) for any gig and I switch up depending on music played. Small and simple

Guitar>1 or 2 OD/dirts>Boss TU-2 Tuner> only (1) of the following: Phaser/Trem/Chorus/> Boss DD-3>amp

edit: thread was changed, see below!;)

3. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Friend of Leo's

Mar 29, 2007
    Manassas Park, VA
    For me it was a Cry Baby Wah Wah in 1976- got it about a month after my first electric/amp

All were stolen in college in 1980 after a rockin' loud Halloween Party bash too many people I guess knew about(someone broke in apt few days later...):cry::cry:

4. electricjr

electricjr Tele-Holic

Jan 9, 2010
    woodstock, ny
    A purple Boss BF-2 Flanger, with the black knobs. MIJ, dude! It was 1985, I was 10 and just thought that swirling jet plane sound was the coolest thing in the world! The next year my dad got me a DD-2 (digital delay) that I still have. Sounds as brittle and icy as it did new!

5. fuzzstache

fuzzstache Tele-Meister

Jan 23, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Boss Overdrive Distortion OS2, I only had it for a few months. Since then I've probably gone through over 50 pedals! I usually include about seven on my board these days because it can't fit many more.

6. lauke

lauke Tele-Meister

Apr 23, 2011
    Netherlands
    We all started with Boss, right? ;)
    Mine was a DS-2.

7. cousinpaul

cousinpaul Friend of Leo's

Jun 19, 2009
    Nashville TN
    Got a Maestro Fuzz the year "Satisfaction" came out. Wish I still had it!

8. JeradP

JeradP Former Member

Jan 21, 2011
    michigan
    Digitech Rp80. I got it for Christmas in 2004. That began my addiction of unique tones

9. SngleCoil

SngleCoil Tele-Meister

Apr 13, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    It has been so long I can't say for sure, but I think my first was the DOD American Metal. 22 years later, it sure would be fun to play through that thing again now that I've learned a couple of chords ;)

10. Thighbanez

Thighbanez Tele-Afflicted

Aug 5, 2010
    delMARva
    Boss DS-1.
    Hated it from the moment I plugged it in.

11. toddfan

toddfan Tele-Holic

Dec 15, 2010
    USA, Midwest
    [​IMG]

Still have it, somewhere! In much better shape than this photo....has a sticker from MAD MAGAZINE on the face of it that reads: STOMP OUT VIOLENCE

12. adamjn

adamjn TDPRI Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Toms River, NJ
    MXR Distortion+ back in 1981. My parents hated it the moment I plugged it in!

13. Progbusters

Progbusters Tele-Meister

Nov 1, 2010
    Northern California
    DOD Tec4
    The equalizer was only useful thing about it.

14. dantonel

dantonel Tele-Meister

Apr 15, 2008
    Yuma, AZ
    Danelectro Pastrami Overdrive!

15. dog fart

dog fart Friend of Leo's

Dec 16, 2009
    North Carolina
    Boss DM-2 and CS-2 got them at the same time from a guy who needed $30 for a bag of weed. I still have them and play them. The other guy prob can't say the same about that bag o weed.

16. Middleman

Middleman Friend of Leo's

Aug 29, 2007
    MV, CA
    Fuzz Face, ala Jim Hendrix, in 1971. Traded it along with my Fender Mustang for a 1961Gibson SG (heresy as I play a tele and strat today). I kind of felt like I took advantage of the the guy but the SG was stolen just a few months later so I did not come out ahead.

17. jglenn

jglenn Tele-Afflicted

Feb 26, 2010
    everett wa
    A vox distortion that plugged into your guitar input jack,than an MXR phase 90.Both crappy.

18. LakeCountyRon

LakeCountyRon Tele-Meister

Apr 9, 2010
    Clearlake, CA
    +1 on the DOD American Metal pedal. I still have it, and just put it back on my board this year after an approximately 18 year hiatus, when the pedal sat in a box somewhere.

I still have the 1985 Cherry Red Gibson SG w/ Kahler whammy bar, 2 single coils (neck/middle) with splittable humbucker @ bridge. I have a Mesa Boogie Mark 4 (version 1).

Lately I've been playing early/mid 80s metal with this setup. Nobody can get a better classic metal sound than me at this moment!!! Rock and roll.

19. Powers

Powers Tele-Meister

Apr 12, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    1st - Danelectro Black Coffee Distorition (what the hell was I thinking?)
    2nd - Boss DS-1
    3rd - Big Muff

I'd definitely say I upgraded each time!

20. Telesavalis

Telesavalis Friend of Leo's

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.