Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

What was the best guitar you bought this year?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Blazer, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 2, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Well I bought and sold plenty of guitars this year and just trying to recall how many and which ones makes my head hurt.

But the one that sticks out is without a shadow of a doubt my 1995 Gibson Les Paul studio.
    [​IMG]
    This picture was taken that very day I bought it.

What can I say about this one? just by picking it up I got the feeling of knowing, I just KNEW. Impossible to pinpoint what exactly did it for me but I found a soulmate.
    [​IMG]
    People have told me to strip it, get those ugly tribal marks away but I like it that way, you don't ask a pretty woman who has tattoos to have them removed either.

That Lester was my best buy this year

2. rcboals

rcboals Tele-Meister

Jul 6, 2010
    Springfield, Oregon
    A new used 2011 Gretsch White Falcon

3. Telecastermusic

Telecastermusic Tele-Meister

Oct 3, 2009
    northumberland, UK
    New les paul standard light burst.

4. Pawnshopper

Pawnshopper Tele-Meister

Sep 26, 2012
    MO
    A Peavey Impact 2 with a Kahler tremolo.

5. dsutton24

dsutton24 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Dec 29, 2010
    Illinois
    Probably my Black 1987 TL-556 Boxer Series Telecaster MIJ.

6. SpeyFly

SpeyFly Tele-Meister

Jan 18, 2010
    Portlandia
    This one...

[​IMG]

I just can't put her down!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012

7. nasonm

nasonm Friend of Leo's

Mar 25, 2003
    Maine
    I bought my lifelong dream guitar of a Gretsch 6120 Chet Atkins model.

but I also bought a very fun (and much less expensive) Tom Delonge signature Fender Strat.

8. misterbluesman

misterbluesman Tele-Holic

Apr 19, 2012
    South Carolina
    A used Martin omc-16re Aura.

Attached Files:

9. TG

TG Doctor of Teleocity

1999 Gibson Les Paul Junior Special. I've put Fralin Noise-free P90s in her.

[​IMG]

10. bender-freak

bender-freak Friend of Leo's

This one...so far, LOL. I have removed the washers from behind the bridge since this pic was taken; using a piece of black leather now to dampen the "behind the bridge hollow body ring thing". Can't STAND that rrrriiinnnnggggggg.

Got $1300 in my pocket after doing my Christmas shoplifting and am thinking/considering somethin'. What the heck, still 7 days left in the year....right???

[​IMG]

11. ac15

ac15 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

May 9, 2005
    CHICAGO, IL.
    Gretsch Country Club (Cadillac Green).

I have other great guitars, but since I bought the Gretsch I've hardly played any of them. Part of the reason is that I've found that I love the Bigsby and none of my other guitars have one. Because of this, I'm seriously considering getting a Vibramate so I can add a Bigsby to my Tele without drilling any holes.

12. 13ontheB

13ontheB Tele-Afflicted

Aug 16, 2005
    North West England
    A 2012 Fender US Nashville B Bender from a nice guy in NC, Even with import duty it saved me almost US$1000.00 on the current price in the UK.

13. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    A Matt Freeman PBass and a Squier CVC. Both have had Bill Lawrence/Wilde pickups installed, Keystones in the CVC and a P46 in the Matt Freeman, and both are among the finest sounding and playing Fender guitars/basses I've ever owned at any price.

They get a lot of love around my place. My daughter and her boyfriend were over last night and he played both and was pleasantly surprised. He's built several of his own guitars and he raved about the action and playability of the CVC and wants to bring his by and have me do a setup on them for him.

With a little tweaking the quality you get for the price is pretty amazing. I don't have $400 into either of them.

14. Psyclone

Psyclone Tele-Meister

Dec 14, 2007
    Grand Rapids, Ohio
    My LP jr was the only gear I purchased this year. That my wife knows about.

15. KCKC

KCKC Tele-Afflicted

Aug 10, 2008
    Hingham, MA
    Ibanez af86! Love it!

16. sir humphrey

sir humphrey Friend of Leo's

May 3, 2011
    Bristol
    Well, I only bought one - Les Paul standard '99. So I guess that must be the best! (And it is a lovely guitar)

17. 56strat

56strat Tele-Meister

Jul 7, 2008
    Bothell, Washington
    AVRI '62 Custom Telecaster.

18. mad dog

mad dog Friend of Leo's

Jun 27, 2005
    Montclair, NJ
    That's a tough call, cause I made some great trades and moves this year. This has to be the best, a Collings 290. Many reasons, such as the very resonant body and slightly longer, 24 7/8" scale, which seem to bring in clarity and versatility I didn't expect from this type of guitar. And the Lollar P-90s of course, as they have such beautiful sounds:

[​IMG]

19. wmsimpson

wmsimpson Tele-Holic

Sep 29, 2009
    USA
    Not only is this the best guitar I bought this year, it's the best guitar I ever bought... '06 Gibson Les Paul R8. Previous owner had installed Bare Knuckle Mule (b) and WCR Fillmore (n) pickups. I love this guitar. :)

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.