Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

What to do with replaced tubes?

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by ponce, Jun 30, 2018.

1. OneHenry

OneHenry Tele-Holic

Apr 16, 2018
    North carolina
    Back when I worked at a tv-appliance dealer, I threw old tubes out into the alley behind the shop and crushed them under my boot. I crushed them so somebody wouldn't try to warranty them. old TVs went into the alley too. Picture tubes got their neck busted off. We had a kid who swept the tube guts out of the alley about every month or so. Somebody would usually scrap the copper and snag the cabinets. Copper in junked TVs didn't last long in the alley, there were scrappers who kept an eye on the alley.

2. OneHenry

OneHenry Tele-Holic

Apr 16, 2018
    North carolina
    I didn't throw gas filled (mecury) tubes in the alley, they went to the dump.

3. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    I get rid good or bad tubes that have "made in china" as a brand name, these tend to fail, with out notice and are super noisy from my expirience.

OneHenry likes this.
  4. dougstrum

dougstrum Tele-Holic

Oct 6, 2015
    blu ridge mtn cabin
    I've made refrigerator magnets out of them:)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.