Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

What the matter with Ian Anderson guitar,He does not ship the guitar paid by buyer.

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by koizguitar, Aug 8, 2017.

1. ricknbaker

ricknbaker Tele-Holic

Nov 12, 2014
    Watford, UK
    Is that with Wayne Henderson, of Clapton's Guitar fame? He sounds like he's always behind.

rjtwangs likes this.

2. MDMachiavelli

MDMachiavelli Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Damn man, I admire your attitude and patience.

rjtwangs likes this.

3. draggindakota

draggindakota TDPRI Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Lehigh Acres, Florida
    $8k and no correspondence is TWO YEARS? Jeebus, you have more patience than I have. Time to go pound on someone's door with a baseball bat at 2am.

OP: Good luck, I hope you eventually get your guitar. I've seen this kind of thing happen in other hobbies I have as well. A guy builds some nice, one off truck parts and starts getting interest and taking some orders, next thing you know there is a year long wait list. Then the replies stop, the phone just rings and one day he up and moves to another state.

4. rjtwangs

rjtwangs Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Reston, Virginia
    No it's not Wayne, but your very very close....that's all I can say in public...yes I am a patient man....have waited a bit too long, but I think it'll show up one day....I'm not worried about being ripped off...he's just a bit scattered....I stopped the correspondence because I became tired of his broken promises....

RJ

5. rjtwangs

Jan 18, 2010
    Reston, Virginia
    I responded to you, please read my post above re: Wayne....

6. Fred Rogers

Fred Rogers Tele-Afflicted

Jun 8, 2013
    Long Island
    3 years? ....Wow... I wouldn't care if it was Leo Fender coming back from the grave to build me a Guitar. No way I would ever wait three years. You must have patience of gold.

ecoast likes this.

7. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Tele-Holic

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    Sorry I was a little obscure with my feeble joke....would you have gotten it if I had said "Bernie Madoff Guitars" ?....or "Charles Keating Guitars" ?.....

tsj93 and rjtwangs like this.

8. Bill

Bill Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Mar 16, 2003
    London
    With a Martin Shkreli amp.

Oh wait, he just raised the price 5000%.

bsman and nojazzhere like this.

9. The Guy

The Guy Tele-Holic

Sep 15, 2016
    Guitarsphere
    Dangit... I would rather go and knock his door with a bazooka. 3 years!! wow

10. Preacher

Preacher Tele-Afflicted

Apr 17, 2007
    Big D
    Very well put I must say.
    And many people never really start out to make a business of guitar building. For me it is a passion and fun, but I do get people sometimes that want to put a deadline on me, and I will balk at that. I do not do this for a living, I have a "real" job and it has to take priority.
    But I have seen in business how the deposit money gets used on current production and when the project the deposit was sent in on comes around there is no $$ left for materials. Luckily I left that company many years ago.

nojazzhere likes this.

11. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Tele-Holic

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    Used to work for a young fellow who was a very poor manager of his small company's funds. He would take a deposit on a future project, use that money to complete current project, and then have to wait for the NEXT deposit to complete the original job....his own little Ponzi scheme. Trouble comes when a job for which the deposit is spent gets cancelled. This happened to him....he tried to bluff his way out....bluff got called, and he ended up in court. A year or so earlier, when I first learned what he was doing, I had tried (without success) to explain why what he was doing was not only illegal but unethical as well. I ran into him some months later (after his company shut down) and he laughingly bragged to me how he had figured out how to game and pad his new job's expense account. That was all 25+ years ago....don't know if he ever learned.

12. crossroader

crossroader Tele-Afflicted

Sep 24, 2004
    Endicott, NY
    Meanwhile, he's sitting on the $8,000 you paid him???

You, sir, are beyond patient.

rjtwangs likes this.

13. tsj93

tsj93 TDPRI Member

Feb 15, 2017
    London
    as an accountant, I got it :) you meant like the Enron scandal right? haha just checking, you never know on the Internet

rjtwangs likes this.

14. Preacher

Preacher Tele-Afflicted

Apr 17, 2007
    Big D
    You sure we did not work together? My old boss got a cash advance (this was way before company credit cards were issued to anyone) for a sales trip to Las Vegas with two of my salesmen. I was not going to attend the meeting until the comptroller called me into her office and informed me I was to fly out to keep an eye on the team. I get out there and the boss calls me up and tells me we are playing golf. I explain I did not have shoes or clubs and he said it would not be a problem. He bought me a pair of new Foot Joys for a $100 at the proshop, paid for golf for all four of us and even bought lunch at the club. Later that day one of the salesmen told me he had given them each $100 for gambling the night before. I spend another day with them and fly home in which place I get grilled by the comptroller about what was going on. When the boss got back, the comptroller asked for receipts for the money he took out there. He came to my two sales people and asked them for the $100 he gave them to gamble, they told them they lost it all on the roulette table (and they did, one guy only won at the ATM Machine, that was until he got home and his wife almost left him for gambling away their rent and car payment money) and he told them to come up with $100 worth of receipts for him. He asked me about the shoes, and I said, "what shoes?". He winked at me and said, good answer and proceeded to pull a bag of those restaurant tear off receipts they used to give you in the day that were blank and went to filling them out.

Later when he lost the company because he was out of money, could not make payroll and ended up selling to a business acquaintance of his for little to nothing to bail him out he asked me a question. "Why do you think we did not make it financial wise?"
    I answered, "it is hard to hold water in a bucket with a large hole in the bottom". He nodded and walked off. I am not sure he ever understood he was the hole in the bottom.

nojazzhere likes this.

15. RiverDog

RiverDog Tele-Afflicted

Sep 23, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    I hope you do realize to some people this means "Oh, I no longer have to make good on my promise because the buyer has stopped contacting me."
    o_O

Gibson, jimash and rjtwangs like this.

16. kidmo

kidmo Friend of Leo's

May 25, 2008
    Funkytown
    2 years with no correspondence with over $8K on the line? That's way beyond patient, entering insanity, way beyond asking a forum for advice. It's time for you to take charge, if you don't have the balls to do something about it NOW, you may as well just right it off, JMHO. Not meaning to get down on you son, but dayum!

17. dwh100

dwh100 TDPRI Member

Dec 5, 2016
    LA county
    draggindakota likes this.

18. rjtwangs

Jan 18, 2010
    Reston, Virginia
    I'm really not that worried, a bit angry perhaps. He's really NOT a bad person, plus we have many mutual friends and he's quite well known in the Martin circles we both are part of....so, as for being beyond patient, perhaps, I know that he knows, and the guitar will be a jewel...I'm not getting any younger, so I'm hoping that maybe this year....

RJ

19. RiverDog

RiverDog Tele-Afflicted

Sep 23, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    I don't know how you do it. I have zero patience so I'd be calling the guy EVERY SINGLE DAY.

rjtwangs likes this.

20. ecoast

ecoast Tele-Meister

Jan 6, 2017
    NWNJ
    yep

8k?

biting my tongue

---and smh

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.