Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

What screws for bridgeplate and pickguard

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by rick, Apr 2, 2003.

1. rick

rick TDPRI Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Hi you guys,

I'm building vintage-style telecaster with a carved body. I just ordered a 52 RI bridgeplate and 5-hole black pickguard, but neither came with screws. A little disappointing, but not a major setback, especially since I'm near some great hardware stores and can probably buy just about any screws.

So...what should I get?

I'm guessing I should get standard slot-head screws (isn't that the vintage way?)...what? slightly domed heads?

What length?

Diameter?

Head size?

Material? (nickel plated steel?)

Or...I'd certainly welcome any suggestions on where I could order the perfect "correct" screws.

HERE'S ANOTHER QUESTION:
    To get the bridgeplate, pickguard and control guard all aligned do I...

1) screw the pickguard down in the proper place...

then

2) align the pickguard and control guard so that the straight edges are parallel with the bridgeplate?

I appreciate your help.

Rick

2. PeterUK

PeterUK Friend of Leo's

Mar 4, 2003
    Nottingham, UK
    Try Bob Sickler's site. Hey Rob DiStefano......

Rick

Have a look at this site:

http://www.rhsdesign.com/fender51/

This guy has built two vintage Teles and he gives you all the screw sizes you need.

Hey Rob. Post your neck set up tip for Rick. I couldn't find it on your website.

Regards

Peter

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.