Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

What pedal is closest to...

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by flinx, Jan 3, 2018.

1. flinx

flinx Tele-Meister

Jul 4, 2010
    Mobile,Alabama
    What pedal is closest to the Vintage EHX Electric mistress for The Police sounds and some Cure?

2. hongaku

hongaku Tele-Afflicted

Dec 14, 2011
    Oakton, VA, USA
    The Mooer is in my opinion the best electric mistress on the market right now. I feel that it is sonically much better than the current EHX and at a significantly more affordable price point. The EHX reissue isn’t bad, but I’d pick the Mooer 10/10 times if I had to choose. I’d pick the Mooer even if it was the same price as the EHX or vice versa.

3. cyclopean

cyclopean Friend of Leo's

Aug 14, 2009
    innsmouth, MA
    the cure was a boss bf2.

4. hongaku

hongaku Tele-Afflicted

Dec 14, 2011
    Oakton, VA, USA
    Robert Smith definitely utilized an EHX Electric Mistress earlier on, as well as an EHX Deluxe Memory Man and a Roland JC120. Later on he also used a BOSS BF2, as well as an MXR Flanger. Yes, he’s used many different BOSS effects over the years and one could say that BOSS effects have compromised a majority of his sounds over the course of his career, but he has used and still uses a lot of different effects including stuff from Line 6, TC Electronic, Eventide, ZOOM, Mesa Boogie and Digitech.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.