Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

What No SuperChamp X2 Lovers....

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by iowacarver, Apr 12, 2013.

1. iowacarver

iowacarver Tele-Meister

May 15, 2012
    IOWA
    Nobody digging the SC X2 amps? Man I love mine and find it fun to mess with the fuse software. I do think the Mustang is easier to play with the presets etc. but still a very cool amp with an awesome 6V6 tube channel as well.

IowaCarver

2. musicmatty

musicmatty Former Member

Aug 18, 2008
    Maryland

I do not have that amp however, I have played through it recently and it is a fantastic amp. I have since recommended this amp to a couple people I know who are in the market for guitar amps.

3. Hiker

Hiker Friend of Leo's

Jul 20, 2008
    Alabama

4. iowacarver

iowacarver Tele-Meister

May 15, 2012
    IOWA
    I haven't joined the club because it seems to be spoiled by discussion of the SCXD. I sold my Blues Jr. and ordered me a X2 Head today. Going to get a different extension cab than the stock one though I think. Will load it with a Emminence Red White Blue I think.

Hey Matty that,s great! Maybe they will make a little larger version of this amp.. 25-30 watts one of these days. That would be great.

IC

5. musicmatty

musicmatty Former Member

Aug 18, 2008
    Maryland
    It's my belief, that this amp already exist in a 40watt version...it's called the Deluxe VM ;)

6. iowacarver

iowacarver Tele-Meister

May 15, 2012
    IOWA
    Hmmm..... I like that Matty. Hadn't looked at that before. Probably the same digital effects which I think are awesome. I much preferred the reverbs on the X2 over the BJr. Only thing it doesn't have the amp models but still... looks like a great amp!

IowaCarver

7. musicmatty

musicmatty Former Member

Aug 18, 2008
    Maryland
    No...no amp models, but its not really needed in my opinion. Unlike the Mustang amps, the Super Champ uses real tubes. Real tube goodness paired with digital effects, is a winning combination in my opinion. It's somewhat of a cousin to the Mustang amps in my opinion.

If you're getting just the head of the Super Champ, then the Mustang 5 cab would be perfect and at a great price in my opinion.

8. iowacarver

iowacarver Tele-Meister

May 15, 2012
    IOWA
    Yeah, I ordered the head. I just bought a new guitar from MF and they sent me 20% off a single item so seemed like a good time to do so... got the head for 239.00 out the door. Can't beat that!

I agree with you. Saw video from Fender where they definitely used some parts technology from the Mustang amps. Still thinking on the cab I want to get but the Mustang Cab is a good choice. Also looking at a custom made one.

IC

9. Drubbing

Drubbing Friend of Leo's

Not a tube channel, just a clean, it goes through the DSP and is modelled, same as the voices. Really liked it all the same, trouble is, it costs $600 here. So a Mustang won out.

10. iowacarver

iowacarver Tele-Meister

May 15, 2012
    IOWA
    So does a Mustang III cost that much there? They are only 50.00 apart here. I have heard a number of different conspiracies on this amp some say all tube and patterned after the Princeton and others say different. I just like the sound.

IC

11. Drubbing

Drubbing Friend of Leo's

M1, $200, MIII 460.

A forum spreading myths about gear? I don't believe it.

Fender confirmed the above statement I made, in a thread here and somewhere on their own forum.

12. iowacarver

iowacarver Tele-Meister

May 15, 2012
    IOWA
    Wow, that is too bad those amps are so costly there. Either way as you say, I love the sound however it is generated :) I think the digital effects are very good myself.

Corey

13. iowacarver

iowacarver Tele-Meister

May 15, 2012
    IOWA
    SCX2 HD... Just Got This One Today...

Fixed good for amps right now. Here is a pic of the new X2Head and a Family Photo :)

Corey
    IowaCarver

Attached Files:

14. guitarmikey

guitarmikey Tele-Holic

Dec 30, 2012
    Bucharest
    I use the head with Ragin' Cajun. Sounds heavenly! Check my link in SCX2 club for demo...
    Here (in pic), my "black team"!
    It sounds interesting with speaker from 65R... but I prefer the RC.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013

15. musicmatty

musicmatty Former Member

Aug 18, 2008
    Maryland
    Very nice audio clip ..thanks for the demo and sharing !

16. guitarmikey

guitarmikey Tele-Holic

Dec 30, 2012
    Bucharest
    My pleasure!
    The audio is High Quality, the video is only with camera mic. Anyway, an interesting difference that blew out my mind! I really LOVE the X2 on RC! (Also, can reamp the X2 through PowerIn from 65R if in need for more power...)
    The thing is: different speakers, different sounds, ALL from a great Amp!

17. iowacarver

iowacarver Tele-Meister

May 15, 2012
    IOWA
    Hey Mikey, I like the sound of the X2 on the RC better as well. I actually haven't changed my stock 10 inch from the Combo... I like the sound of it... but I haven't heard an RC in person either. I am thinking about building a 2 x 10 and then I would put RC's in it. For my new 1 x 12 I am thinking either the Cannabis Rex or the Red, White Blue, both from Emminence. I like the pine cabinet look as well. Thanks Mikey!
    Corey
    IowaCarever

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.