What Kind of Tele Do You Play?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Landodlovestele, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Landodlovestele

Landodlovestele NEW MEMBER!

I've been playing for about a year and I was wondering what kind of tele everyone plays. Personally, I play a 2003 Telecaster FMT HH in Transparent Crimson. A very underrated telecaster in my opinion, but still, I love it. So, what do ya'll play?

2. DannyStereo

DannyStereo Poster Extraordinaire

First off, welcome. You are among some of the most kind and knowledgeable folks in the planet.

Second, you'll find that most of us here will take any Tele any day of the week. They make them in all kinds of flavors and that's a good thing!

With that said, I play an FSR Reverse Plate Butterscotch with OV Pickups and a Classic Series 50s Esquire that's soon getting a Rob Distefano Cavalier Nashville Lion.

ImageUploadedByTDPRI1451189744.241685.jpg

3. bchaffin72

bchaffin72 Friend of Leo's

A Squier "nocaster". SInce Squier doesn't actually make one of those, I modded it up myself at home using a 2013 Affinity Telecaster as the base.

4. Landodlovestele

Landodlovestele NEW MEMBER!

I've never actually played an Esquire, only heard them, is there any difference in how they play?

5. losrogers

losrogers Tele-Meister

ImageUploadedByTDPRI1451192757.340424.jpg
    Welcome aboard...

I play a 2012 American Standard Telecaster, or an old Partscaster inherited from my Grandfather.

6. DannyStereo

DannyStereo Poster Extraordinaire

Plays like a Tele but only a bridge pickup. The switch does:
    1) no tone, volume only
    2) regular tone and volume
    3) fixed 'wah' sound, no tone.

I love it!

7. cornfed

cornfed Tele-Meister

I play a Tele......Caster?. :D Sometimes I play a Tele...Phone. Kidding, I play 'em all, it's all good

8. bdbrown

bdbrown Tele-Meister

Parts caster w/Rose Freedom T90's

done2.jpg

and another parts caster with Keystones

done3.1.jpg

9. gimmeatele

gimmeatele Tele-Meister

Currently a 2003 MIM blue agave tele with maple neck, Seymour Duncan rail in the bridge, not sure about neck pickup yet as not taken scratchplate off. Picked it up from own shop for less than £300 and just love it. It feels played in and feels such a comfortable guitar. It has almost replaced my Baja 50's first run tele, yes its that good.

10. tubevibrato

tubevibrato Tele-Meister

Classic 50's! Put on a mint green single ply pickguard, slothead screws, and CS Nocaster pups.
    ImageUploadedByTDPRI1451196574.097581.jpg ImageUploadedByTDPRI1451196592.477939.jpg

11. bchaffin72

bchaffin72 Friend of Leo's

Have to say, if I happen to acquire another inexpensive tele, I may Esquire it, just to see!

I went back to the Broadcaster on mine, so I've got bridge with a neck blend pot, neck with no tone load, and neck with a modified version of Leo's "Deep Rhythm" circuit(a fixed .047 cap, but with a resistor in series to keep it from going to full muffle). No tone pot at all.

A couple of these picture are from before I changed the string tree to round, the control plate, and blacked the pickguard.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Hey Landod, welcome!

For me (and many of us around these parts), Telecasters are like potato chips (can't have just one), but they sound better, and don't get grease all over my fingers.

The blackguard is a Wildwood CS '52 with Fred Stuart pickups and Rutters compensated Broadcaster saddles. It's the "growly" one.

The whiteguard is an American Vintage '58, same saddles, and a dual loader bridge, strung as a top loader. It's the "wiry Bakersfield" one.

The Candy Apple Red is an AV '64, bone stock. When I play it, I think I'm Steve Cropper.

The Thinline is Olympic White, AVRI '69, with Broadcaster bridge, and Twisted neck pickups. It's got a wonderful chunky neck.

The burst is a 2012 American Deluxe. It's claim to fame is a killer set of Lollar Special Ts.

By the way, when you get a chance, we'd love to see your guitar. "Pics or it didn't happen", that's our motto! :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  13. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

which kind of Tele?.. the recycled wood kind, with P90's....:D

Attached Files:

14. wyclif

wyclif Tele-Afflicted

Nothing unusual; an American Vintage '52 Telecaster. I'm kind of a traditionalist.

Attached Files:

15. Danomo

Danomo Tele-Holic

Modded Fender Blacktop, Stock Squier Cab, and most recently a Squier Standard Series:

Attached Files:

16. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's

+ 1
    Vintage spec'd guitars is all I need/want :cool:

Tele-Explorer likes this.
  17. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

before I went on a building kick, I played this scratched up old '83 with a killer neck pu for a few years, I still do now and then....:cool:

it came from NY in a tweed case that smelled like a smoky bar room, whoever had it before me sure played the hell out of it.. a good sign...:twisted:

no closet queen that's for sure...;)

Attached Files:

18. nosuch

nosuch Friend of Leo's

I mostly play my AV52RI (the older model). I made a few partscasters but after the honeymoon phase I returned to it. When the frets wore out I had some smooth medium jumbo stainless steels installed which improved the playability a bit.

19. Vintagebrit

Vintagebrit Tele-Holic

Hi,
    I tend to play my CV50's BSB, though have just bought a Nashville, modding it with a James Burton 7 way control plate, so that's going to be my go to Guitar as it will be so versatile.

Skydog1010 likes this.
  20. Ham and Eggs

Ham and Eggs Tele-Meister

#1 is a G&L Bluesboy w/a one piece maple neck

Skydog1010 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.