Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

What is your favorite amp for clean tones

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by Lake Placid Green, May 11, 2017.

1. gobi_grey

gobi_grey Tele-Meister

Jun 7, 2011
    clinton, ia
    Another vote for tweed deluxe. My clone does really nice fat, rich and detailed cleans. Sounds best with my teles. I prefer to use my strat through my DRRI. I've even had surprisingly good results running my DRRI along with my Monoprice 15 or vox ac4 at the same time to help fill in some mids and add some voxy top end sparkle.

2. codamedia

codamedia Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2009
    Western Canada
    Vox AC 30 Normal channel with the tone cut set just enough to take off any shrill.
    Simple to use, complex yet great tone. My favorite pedal platform.

3. paratus

paratus Friend of Leo's Ad Free + Supporter

Dec 2, 2010
    Michigan
    When I think cleans my mind goes to Fender cleans....Obviously a TR would be high on that list.

I have a '83 Concert with an EVM 12, and frankly, the sound is so big and round and clean and neutral, you feel you can get any kind of clean out of it. It gets hellish loud too.

Then again, the sound of a Tele, Strat, or a Ric through my AC15-C1 is a different kind of clean with with the gain backed down, amazingly complex. It doesn't do loud and clean at the same time though.

Not saying these are the best, they are what I have, and they make me smile when that is the sound I am going for.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.