Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

What is your buffer pedal?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by yazam2014, Dec 7, 2017 at 6:59 AM.

1. yazam2014

yazam2014 Tele-Meister

Apr 15, 2014
    malaysia
    Hi
    I currently in the search for buffer pedal.
    My boss tu3 sounds not in my type.

As i know most of members here have a very nice pedalboard. Would appreciate if u could share your buffer pedal.

2. Lars F

Lars F TDPRI Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Denmark
    Am in the process of putting together a board and first thought I would go for all true bypass pedals, so build a couple buffers and a splitter/isolator that buffers as well.
    Found out my favorite compressor/Emma Transmorgifier) is hard bypass and buffers the signal.
    So does my new reverb(TC Hall of Fame) as well as my tuner(Korg DT-10).
    They are fine buffers too, so now I put the tuner first and the comp after my overdrives. The reverb comes at the end after the modulation effects.
    It works great and buffers the start, middle and end of the chain. No need for independant buffers for now.

Regards,

Lars

4pickupguy likes this.

3. noah330

noah330 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland

4. codamedia

codamedia Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2009
    Western Canada
    Current I use a BOSS LS-2 at the front of my chain... that is my buffer. I'm sure it's about the same as your TU-3 so you won't like it either - although I'm not sure what there's "not to like" about it.

Obsessed and waparker4 like this.

5. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    My Boss LS-2 has been my buffer for a good 10 years without any qualms, but I am eliminating that pedal and will be most likely looking for a new buffer, so I'll be following this thread closely.:)

6. blille

blille Tele-Holic

The TU-3 is generally regarded as having a nice buffer. What don’t you like about it? What are you looking for in a new one?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 11:01 AM

7. Golem

Golem Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

8. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    TU-3 at front, TrueTone H2O at end.

9. BBill64

BBill64 Tele-Afflicted

Sep 19, 2011
    United Kingdom
    I have a broadcast on all the time and a tu2 at the end of the chain.

10. jklotz

jklotz Tele-Afflicted

Jan 10, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Empress Buffer. Can't recommend it highly enough.
    [​IMG]

codamedia likes this.

11. yazam2014

yazam2014 Tele-Meister

Apr 15, 2014
    malaysia
    My boss tu3 (may be only for my pedal) seems eat my presence....maybe i got try to try and error with other pedal or cable etc

12. yazam2014

yazam2014 Tele-Meister

Apr 15, 2014
    malaysia
    Maybe i would try this

13. sammy123

sammy123 Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

Jul 25, 2011
    MKE

14. yazam2014

yazam2014 Tele-Meister

Apr 15, 2014
    malaysia
    expensive buffer.

15. basher

basher Tele-Afflicted

Jun 7, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Boss NS-2 at the beginning of the chain with all my dirt pedals in its loop, Visual Sound delay at the end. I don't really hear that they make much of a difference unless I take them off the board.

16. King Creole

King Creole Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jan 24, 2011
    Colorado
    Right now, the TC Electronics Hall of Fame is the only pedal on my board with buffered bypass, I think. I could maybe use one earlier in my signal chain, but I'm satisfied with my sound, so I don't worry about it.

17. codamedia

codamedia Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2009
    Western Canada
    It should not eat your presence... something is not right. I'm not too sure what you mean by presence, but in my experience - a Boss (almost any Boss) at the beginning of the chain will add clarity, not take away from it. Others (including yourself) may have different experiences than I do.

Just curious, why would you eliminate such a versatile pedal?

Currently I've got mine setup as a guitar "level matcher". I setup my pedal board with my TELE and my LS-2 off. When I grab my strat I kick in the first volume which is notched up about 3db - 4db. When I grab my Les Paul I kick in the second level which is dialed back about 3db. All of my guitars hit my pedal board at about the same volume - which is something I like :). It's also handy as a "boost/cut" with those settings depending on what guitar I am holding.

If I wasn't using it like that I would certainly find another use, either as an A/B input/output, or an effect ON/OFF, or adding a clean blend to any effect I currently have. I can't imagine taking it off my board completely... but that's just me :D

Obsessed likes this.

18. bottlenecker

bottlenecker Tele-Afflicted

Dec 6, 2015
    Wisconsin
    None.
    I use relatively short cables, and I make my own patches to keep them as short as possible. With the pedalboard hooked up and everything bypassed, it sounds no different than a decent 30 ft cable.
    I have a catalinbread scp at the end of the chain that I could turn on and set all the way down if I ever needed to use 100 feet of cable for some strange reason.

19. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Friend of Leo's

Dec 21, 2004
    central ky
    I don't know if this is exactly "buffering" or not, but I have an OCD with the gain barely cracked open. for more dirt, I use either a Soul Food or a Morning Glory, gain on about 1:00, with the OCD. The OCD is THE pedal (for me) when playing rock or blues with either a tele or strat. gives those single coils some grunt.

20. Televised

Televised Friend of Leo's

Apr 26, 2009
    Portland, OR
    1. J. Rockett - Archer Ikon

2. Radial - ABY Twin City/Tone Bone

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.