Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

What is this tele?

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by mwcoleburn, Aug 11, 2018 at 8:51 PM.

1. mwcoleburn

mwcoleburn NEW MEMBER!

Saturday
    US
    I was gifted a neck and body that I have never seen a similar finish on and I was hoping the good fellows here might have more information. From the neck serial number it was produced between 84 and 87 in japan. The body has the same body cut that was used on other MIJ telecasts, but the finish isn't something I can locate, my assumption is that it's a foto flame, but then again, that's just an assumption and it seems like the guitar might be earlier than the foto flame process. Also any advise on pickups would be greatly appreciated. My MIM partscaster is loaded with active EMGs so I'd like something on the other side of the tone spectrum. 1534035021456.jpeg 1534035035311.jpeg 1534035051757.jpeg

shupe13 likes this.

2. shupe13

shupe13 Tele-Meister

Mar 18, 2010
    Greenfield, IN
    I can't help you but it's a good looking guitar.

3. fattrav

fattrav TDPRI Member

Sep 12, 2014
    new zealand
    Most of the early MIJ stuff didnt have the serial on the neck plate (according to http://www.squier-talk.com/threads/e7-squier-identification-help.78092/) so you might have something rather peculiar there.

The flame looks darned nice for sure.

If you're looking at "the other end of the spectrum", surely some thing like some toneriders with a classic tele voice would be close?

4. mwcoleburn

mwcoleburn NEW MEMBER!

Saturday
    US
    Neck is dated 5/26/84. I'm starting to wonder about the body though, I can tell it's never been refinished, but there are no markings in the neck pocket, and there's an awful lot of over spray in there. 1534211700284.jpeg 1534211722693.jpeg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.