Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

What is this for $119?

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Danno, Oct 2, 2013.

1. vintage clubber

vintage clubber Friend of Leo's

Apr 12, 2012
    Mechanicsville, VA
    One of my favorite pickups in any price range! Truly a bargain at $35.

2. mkgearhead

mkgearhead TDPRI Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO
    I just thought I'd share some additional specs. The pickups measure 9K on the bridge and just under 4K on the neck. The humbucker has a 3rd wire so it can be split. Clubber, do you have any more pics of yours? I'm probably going to switch to chrome hardware on mine and wanted to get an idea of what it would look like.

3. vintage clubber

Apr 12, 2012
    Mechanicsville, VA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. mkgearhead

mkgearhead TDPRI Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO

5. Sbua0716

Sbua0716 TDPRI Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Peoria, Illinois
    Thinking of picking one up... I have some extra buckers laying around maybe make a hh out if it. I checked with my local gc they only have the burst in stock and apparently are out of stock even online for the orange I dig the sparkly guitars ;) I know the bodies are thinner but everyone like these so far? Not a whole lot online for these yet. Only down side for me is I dig a heavier body but if it sounds good I think I could make it work

6. CrayZKev

CrayZKev TDPRI Member

Nov 7, 2013
    East Tennessee
    Hey if any if you that are planning to go chrome, I may be interested in the black you remove If any of you want to rid yourself of it, pm me. I just wish that this was a traditional tele settup that way I could have a black bridge plate, too!

7. vintage clubber

Apr 12, 2012
    Mechanicsville, VA
    Pm me about the black hardware

8. rdo1708

rdo1708 Tele-Holic

Jul 31, 2013
    Milwaukee
    I'm going to head to the dreaded GC tomorrow and play one of these. 99% sure I'll be bringing home a new tele tomorrow. ;)

9. purplegenie

purplegenie Tele-Meister

Nov 21, 2011
    North Carolina
    Drop a set of Texas Specials or lower end Bardens (if that's your thing) into an average Squier, put on a blindfold, and then re-evaluate the quality.

10. vintage clubber

Apr 12, 2012
    Mechanicsville, VA
    I had no trouble fitting a USA spec Oak Grigsby switch into any of my Affinity Tele's. For this Bullet model, it's likely a little grinding with a dremel will accommodate a USA spec switch as well. The tuners are fine, although I prefer the vintage type that come on the CV series.

11. Il Duce

Il Duce Tele-Holic

Nov 11, 2013
    NYC
    Hey all! New to TDPRI and am a regular on Squier-Talk. I got one of these Bullets for $89 during the Columbus Day sale and love it. The mods I've done are putting a Kent Armstrong PAF Vintage 12 Pole pup in the bridge position and flipping the control plate. Here a couple of pics,

Attached Files:

12. vintage clubber

Apr 12, 2012
    Mechanicsville, VA
    good pickup!

13. Il Duce

Il Duce Tele-Holic

Nov 11, 2013
    NYC
    I love it! I had a coupon for WD Music for 1/2 ordered it without knowing anything more about it than what was said in the product description and pic! I got really lucky!

14. Il Duce

Il Duce Tele-Holic

Nov 11, 2013
    NYC
    Guess I'm getting a bit senile! I forgot to mention, I also put a Series/Single Coil/Parallel switch on her. You can see it in the first pic, between the volume and tone knobs!

15. Tatercaster

Tatercaster Friend of Leo's

Aug 28, 2013
    Rock Hill, SC
    Got my eye on this one, but ain't got the money. :( I'd replace the humbucker with a GFS Mean 90 and put a Strat pickup in the neck.

Attached Files:

16. METALCASTER

METALCASTER TDPRI Member

Mar 5, 2014
    Hey guys I'm new to tdp but I also picked up a few of these bullets on columbus day and so far have modded 2 of them and I have to say I it turned into an awesome guitar and I was pleasantly surprised when I removed the pickguard that these guitars are pre routed for humbucker making them a breeze to mod. Here's some pics of the metallic orange bullet that I modded with a awesome MM neck and grover locking tuners, fender hh pick guard, black knurled knobs, new control plate and GFS power rails. This guitar plays like a dream and is a pure metal machine and the GFS power rails blew me away and definitely were better than I expected, very full sounding with sustain for days. Thanks guys and I'm glad I could share. Sorry some of the pics were sideways!!!

Attached Files:

17. Glen Smith

Glen Smith RIP

Aug 20, 2011
    Canada
    Metalcaster, that looks great and welcome to TDPRI !

18. Tele-Caster

Tele-Caster Tele-Holic

Feb 24, 2007
    Tahlequah, OK
    Nice looking guitars in Metalcaster's pics....

Metalcaster's already fitting in well here on the first post... I feel a case of GAS coming on, thanks to his pics.

Thanks for sharing them, Metalcaster!

19. METALCASTER

METALCASTER TDPRI Member

Mar 5, 2014
    Your welcome and thank you for the positive feedback. I too have a telecaster addiction. Here's a couple pictures of the bullet burst telecaster I modded. It has all the same changes accept I put a Duncan lil 59 in the neck and I believe a Duncan super distortion in the bridge I'm not positive as it was a hand me down from a friend, and honestly thee two guitars can hold there own against some of my favor teles I own, such as my Jim root. Thanks again guys and I look forward to sharing future projects

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.