What is the best solid state Fender guitar amp?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by blacklodgebob, Apr 16, 2011.

1. LGOberean

LGOberean Poster Extraordinaire

This is a zombie thread, started nearly 8 years ago. The BC Stage hadn't been invented yet when this thread was started. That's why long discontinued amps like the Princeton 65 DSP, Bronco tweed, Frontman 25R, etc. are popular replies in this thread. And why there is no mention of the Fender Champion series (20, 40, 100).

2. UKStratopastor

UKStratopastor TDPRI Member

well, so long as the zombie is still shuffling along, let me register my surprise that it took till post 67 for the Rivera-era Fender SS amps to get a mention. I love my London Reverb, especially when people ask me if it's valves. I also use my SS '81 Harvard a lot (that's just before Rivera turned up).

3. Keep on Truckin

Keep on Truckin TDPRI Member

I'm trying to decide between a Fender Deluxe 112/112 Plus OR the Fender Sidekick Reverb 30 ? Any opinions from people who have owned /played these would be greatly appreciated , Thanks

4. Tony474

Tony474 Poster Extraordinaire

I can’t comment from experience on the Sidekick, but I used to own a Deluxe 112 Plus and it served me very well indeed as a working, gigging amp for many years until I “retired” it. I wrote about it right at the beginning of this thread many years ago and I would still recommend it as a good, loud, Fenderish clean amp that serves as an excellent pedal platform if and when required. If you’ve found one to buy that’s in good condition both electronically and cosmetically, I’m confident that you won’t regret it.

Keep on Truckin likes this.
  5. Keep on Truckin

Keep on Truckin TDPRI Member

Thanks for the fast response .I have read your previous postings & sounds like you've had good luck with yours . Thanks again for the insight into this model. What is the difference between the 112 & the 112 Plus model ??

Tony474 likes this.
  6. Tony474

Tony474 Poster Extraordinaire

You’re welcome. I’m not certain about the difference between the 112 and 112 Plus, but if memory serves the original 112 model was rated at 65 watts into 8 ohms, while the 112 Plus had a rated output of 94 watts into 4 ohms. Therefore my guess is that they fitted a different speaker in the later model and modified the power supply and output stage to suit. I stress that I don’t know this for a fact, but it seems a reasonable assumption. The next model out, the Deluxe 90, was as far as I can tell pretty much the same as the Deluxe 112 Plus, but with a Celestion speaker instead of the Fender-branded Eminence in the earlier amp.

Keep on Truckin likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.