Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

What if Einstein was wrong?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by chemobrain, Dec 20, 2017.

1. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    Of course you are my bright little star ...

2. chemobrain

chemobrain Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    the guy that can prove Einstein is wrong better have it published posthumously and shut up or the ghost of James Earl Ray and Lee Harvey are going to return with Barrett 50's and disprove his theory.
    a lot of folks have staked their careers on the big "E" being right and don't wanna end up teaching in the humanities (Victorian romance and the parallels to Bran Stokers Dracula story) department at a local junior college with no parking pass, tenure or medical coverage.

3. chemobrain

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    do you use a wound or plain third string?

4. Solrac Kai

Solrac Kai Tele-Meister

Dec 14, 2011
    california
    Worked as a Land Surveyor for 29 years. Systematic errors abound in all measurement devices. Not surprised.

wayloncash and chemobrain like this.

5. JL_LI

JL_LI Tele-Afflicted

May 20, 2017
    Long Island, NY
    Both, but in the quantum universe, which one is unknown until it's played.

6. chemobrain

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    ;)

7. chemobrain

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    :eek: imagine being of .00001 off of a degree and then traveling for light years on that coarse, Bach would be playing be-bop.

8. wayloncash

wayloncash Tele-Afflicted

Apr 7, 2012
    Houston, TX
    This is one of my favorite books. Since we are making recommendations, after you finish the Feynman series, you would probably like A Universe From Nothing by Lawrence Krauss. This is a great book that addresses the big bang in terms the layman can understand.

Man, I cannot believe TDPRI has so many Jr physicists. I thought I was the only one.

Sounds Good and Buckocaster51 like this.

9. wayloncash

wayloncash Tele-Afflicted

Apr 7, 2012
    Houston, TX
    I think the public just needs to pick up a book. Lawrence Krauss, Richard Feynman, Stephen Hawking, and even Tyson have books that explain this content in layman terms. Brian Clegg has written some wonderful biographies that also explain his subject's practice in thorough detail.

10. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    there's another Book that explains lots of things pretty well, too, that people would do well to read

gitlvr likes this.

11. charlie chitlin

charlie chitlin Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Mar 17, 2003
    Spring City, Pa
    Einstein is like the old gunfighter all the young guys come gunnin' fer.
    I'm pretty sure that just about every physicist is trying to get a notch in his slide rule (OK...I'm old) by finding a glitch in Big Al.

12. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Ahh yes, of course you are referring to, "The Origin of Species", by Charles Darwin. Yes a classic, which has held up to the test of science with a great theory that is basically biological law at this point.

I digress, but I could not pass up the open door opportunity.:twisted:;):cool:

13. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    Hey, this is Blowtorch. I think he's talking about "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus"...:D

Jupiter, Bill and Obsessed like this.

14. teleaddicted

teleaddicted Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

Nov 5, 2013
    Roma Urbe
    Sure! I'd suggest:
    "Reality is not what it seems: the journey to quantum gravity" by Carlo Rovelli,
    but many others too by
    Lee Smolin,
    Leonard Susskind,
    Lisa Randall, etc.

15. 5ofeight

5ofeight Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Oct 17, 2016
    Glasgow
    Well, if he is wrong then it shows that it doesn't matter because the world/universe hasn't fallen to bits..

16. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 6, 2014
    UK
    “Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems” by Galileo?

I like this one too.. Highly recommended for kids.

Attached Files:

17. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

I searched, and perhaps I missed it, but shouldn't a thread on a guitar forum, discussing physics and astrophysics, mention Dr. Brian May at some point. :D

RLee77, Obsessed and Sounds Good like this.

18. Sounds Good

Sounds Good Tele-Holic

Oct 2, 2017
    Luton UK
    That book still relies on an energy field exisiting though if i can remember right, and was also critcisied by the multi universe guys for so. But i suppose even with them tracing multi universes back and back can still be equal to a some kind of an energy start in the end, so both can still have a 0 start if one takes away the energy from their equations.

Reminds me a bit like the gestalt phenomenon used with psychology, with viewing different parts but still the ultimate outcome looks the same.

19. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    :lol: You just won TDPRI for today.

Obsessed and william tele like this.

20. Sconnie

Sconnie Tele-Afflicted

May 1, 2017
    Denver, CO
    Yup! He essentially proved atoms exist then deplored all the math that came from that discovery haha!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.