Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

What if Einstein was wrong?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by chemobrain, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Ha, but it is easier to learn history ... or math and science, than to learn a technique.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  2. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

This pretty much sums up my knowledge (with apologies to Sam Cooke)

"Don't know much about history
    Don't know much biology
    Don't know much about a science book,
    Don't know much about the french I took....
    Don't know much about geography,
    Don't know much trigonometry
    Don't know much about algebra,
    Don't know what a slide rule is for
    But I do know that one and one is two"

As was often repeated in the movie Shakespeare in Love: "It's a mystery".

Humankind's pursuit of knowledge, asking why, what and how is fundamental to our survival. One day, when a physician is using a pencil sized scanner similar to the one used by Star Trek's Bones, it will be the result of experimental and applied science.
    Then again, perhaps one day when "Skynet" rules earth, experimental and apply science will cause our evolutionary demise.
    Of course, we have to stop encouraging our best and brightest to study finance, marketing and real estate and hope that enough will consider the sciences, engineering etc.
    We're all just along for the ride.

Grateful Ape, JL_LI and chemobrain like this.
  3. chemobrain

chemobrain Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    AH.... the deliberate manipulation of a control system which is used to create a modern cult of fear superstition and intellectual/emotional subservience.
    a writer postulates that huge vastly wealthy civilization, the priests controlled the population with a calendar, the calendar was the hub of holy days and a complete interlocking system of myths celebrations, daily weekly, seasonally,annual events incorporating the movement of the sun moon and the stars. Caught up in a codified belief system that was controlled by the "turning of the wheel" by the priests that worked with or for royalty.. The cult of the great wheel/ calendar was used to control the whole civilization.

Bristlehound likes this.
  4. chemobrain

chemobrain Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    oh , you've been thinking about something from the internet/cyberspace, which only reinforces the internet is one of Satan's tools to steal our minds.;):p:lol::lol::lol:

5. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    what does 7/8 time have to do with the space in the universe? or 4/4 time for that matter?

Toto'sDad likes this.
  6. raito

raito Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 22, 2010
    Madison, WI
    In 4/4 time, the metronome and musician are not moving relative to each other. In 7/8 time, they are.

24 track and Toto'sDad like this.
  7. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Science can through a million dollar grant from a wealthy individual, after about a year determine dancing to 7/8 time at the same time as attempting to dance to 4/4 time can be difficult to the causal participant in the art of the dance. For another million, we can/possibly reach further conclusions, maybe.

24 track likes this.
  8. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Say brother, we might oughta see if we can drum you up a million or so for further research. You seem to be pretty good at this stuff.

24 track likes this.
  9. scottser

scottser Tele-Afflicted

Mar 6, 2009
    dublin
    The mind of God is orchestral strings resonating in 11 dimensional hyper space.

Now there's a cool t-shirt

JL_LI and 2blue2 like this.
  10. 24 track

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    I think we need to rent the Large Hadron Collider i Cerne Switserland for this one

Toto'sDad likes this.
  11. 24 track

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    so If i read this correctly in 4/4 time the musicians are all strangers and in 7/8 they are all relatives .....3 more beats and its breeding time? HMMMMM:D:D:D:D

Toto'sDad likes this.
  12. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    ;

I saw you practicing your dance steps to the 7/8 signature time the other day. Damn, man, you're do that and still ride chickens?

24 track likes this.
  13. Sounds Good

Sounds Good Tele-Holic

Oct 2, 2017
    Luton UK
    Maybe would be better in a string vest though.

14. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Friend of Leo's

Apr 3, 2015
    Winchester, VA
    It can be created out of two photons. Where did they come from?

24 track likes this.
  15. 24 track

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    if matter and anti matter meet then they anilate each other that proves E=MC2 which states energy and matter are the same thing in different forms, matter is not destroyed it is changed into energy which again can be changed back into matter photons are sub atomic particles of energy / matter

16. 24 track

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    Hey Im a renasuance Man, what can i say. By the way the way the urnal was occupied and i had to go really bad that day that was the old guy pee -pee dance. It did end well!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    Toto'sDad likes this.
  17. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    There's always that bit of doubt though.

24 track likes this.
  18. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

May 15, 2016
    Silicon Valley
  19. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
  20. chris m.

chris m. Poster Extraordinaire

Well one cool fact is that we all come from stars. Science is more mind blowing than any mythology or religion, IMO. It's amazing. The number of neurons in our brains and the resulting network is amazing. DNA replication is amazing. People who think science is boring just had bad teachers who took the wonder right out of it.

chemobrain likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.