For me, it was this. Notice that poor headstock. I played the snot out of it from 2002 to 2007 then SNAP! I always thought that I needed a new neck and was appalled by prices for a new one. When I did save money while this Jackson sat, I bought other guitars and gear so, it sat in closets until around May of 2011. At some point in early 2011 someone told me that they thought that it was repairable. REPAIRABLE!!! THAT NEVER FREAKING OCCURRED TO ME. I caught some sort of disease from those words, I think the medical term is the DIY bug. The first book I bought was Guitar Player Repair Guide. Followed by whatever else I could find and afford and my collection is still growing. The way I discovered TDPRI was through googling whatever repair oriented googles a guy does when researching and it always seemed to lead me to some answer or path on this site called TDPRI! Eventually I became a member and chit chatted and learned some really cool stuff that you won't find in books. Anyway, great forum, great peeps, thanks for existing! So back to the Jackson headstock, I FIXED IT! With regular Titebond wood glue. Smeared glue on both sides of the busted wood, wiggled and pressed it back together as best i could and began wrapping the crap out of it with hemp lace or leather lace, I forget it was a touch stretchy and strong so I made it tight. Followed that up with a few rubber bands and a clamp somewhere. I have a picture of this somewhere, I'll break it out when I find it. After I unwrapped it the next day and cleaned it up, it felt pretty damn strong so I continued and filled a few spots where wood was missing with QuikWood. It was the worst smelling stuff but it worked awesome! I never played with anything like it So my Jackson continues it's life with me and here I am 2 years later having thought about building guitars everyday since, and pulled off quite a load of projects I might add! That's what got me into lutherie. I'm pumped for the build challenge and best of luck to all those participating!