Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

What does your workbench look like?

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Lonn, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Telecasterless

Telecasterless Tele-Afflicted

Jan 29, 2011
    los angeles
    Very cool. Not to derail this thread, so last question - what neck did you use? From the early pic, it looks almost like the headstock is stained. Love the rosewood against that body color.

2. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    It's an original Fender from '73, not sure how it got that dark, really smoky bars?

3. gobi_grey

gobi_grey Tele-Holic

Jun 7, 2011
    clinton, ia
    Right now mine is a towel on top of my washing machine with tools and parts sitting all over it. Was doing a project the last couple weeks. Every pair of socks I own are going on day three. Gotta get things finished so I can do a load of wash! My fiance caught me doing the old sniff test today trying to find my cleanest dirty pair. I do have an actual work bench but gotta run power to it and light it better. For now, I'm Mr. Stinky.

4. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    Once the studio is finished I will move all of this to the garage
    P1011190.JPG P1011191.JPG P1011193.JPG P1011369.JPG P1011400.JPG

P1011482.JPG

5. Telecasterless

Jan 29, 2011
    los angeles
  6. Telecasterless

Jan 29, 2011
    los angeles
    It's like your house is a laboratory clean room!

Arch Stanton and 24 track like this.
  7. 24 track

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

8. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Friend of Leo's

Feb 26, 2017
    UK
    This has inspired me to upload mine, but if no picture shows below it probably got blocked on public health grounds

As you would expect, I can tell you what everything in this picture is... and it is almost all worthless

Attached Files:

9. 24 track

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    I had a nuero surgery and had 8 months off work, to do nothing it drove me nutz so I started building and making stuff ,(I even went OCD and catagorized my capacitors ,Resisters, LEDs and all my other patrs ) Now thats what boredom does that and i cant sit still for more than 2 min at a time.and I hate TV

I bet Anna and Rebecca would disagree

Barncaster and telemnemonics like this.
  10. Piggy Stu

Feb 26, 2017
    UK
    Wow: someone zoomed in

3 bottles of Hop House ale on the counter, with 2 Stella Artois on the side

Barncaster and 24 track like this.
  11. rad1

rad1 Tele-Holic

Aug 5, 2015
    Santa Cruz CA
  12. 24 track

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    Stella rocks!

Barncaster likes this.
  13. telemnemonics

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    Is that a pair of vintage Campy high flange hubs behind the vice?
    And do you clean under the drill press, or just around it?
    There's gotta be some crud under there!

14. telemnemonics

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    Here’s a pic of my bicycle workbench, or of the stuff that’s accumulated on it. Image1517556642.433871.jpg

Darn, learning this iPad I wanted to edit but quoted myself instead.

24 track likes this.
  15. Piggy Stu

Feb 26, 2017
    UK
    telemnemonics and 24 track like this.
  16. rad1

rad1 Tele-Holic

Aug 5, 2015
    Santa Cruz CA
    Good eye!

Those are all I have left from my Ciocc bike I raced in the 80’s. Those were the hubs on my racing set of sew up wheels.

And yes, sad to say, I vacuum the work area after a wood working project or metal working project is done, including under the drill press.

The benches also look so good because I just built them a couple months ago. Next project is better shelving and storage systems. Tiz a work in progress.

telemnemonics and 24 track like this.
  17. telemnemonics

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    I have two Ciocc bikes I bought as well used bare frames, one is IIRC a Mokba 77 and the other is later. Because I'm old and arthritic I built them up with mountain bike cranks and bars/ shifters, but Dura Ace 9 speed gears and brakes.
    A small tweak of the triangle to fit the cassette hub.
    Seriously interesting partscaster builds and fun bikes to ride, except when my toes stop the front wheel.

My drill press bench looked pretty clean for a few weeks, but I was drilling a lot of metal so there was oily shavings to deal with. All downhill from there...

18. rad1

rad1 Tele-Holic

Aug 5, 2015
    Santa Cruz CA
    7A6A9142-7A87-4BD2-8E1E-9E947038A0F1.jpeg

Mine looked a lot like this pic I pulled off the web. Mine was partially Campy Super Record equipped. That Campy set was way out of my price range but I found a used set that came off a high end bike that had been buried in a nasty winter storm mud slide up in our mountains. I purchased the set that looked completely trashed and all I did was strip the finish off everything and Re polish and it looked and worked great. I loved that bike but it was stolen after I stopped racing. I ride a Cervelo, an old Allez Pro and a Santa Cruz Blur LT now with our local club.

19. telemnemonics

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    Here’s my two Ciocc and one Olmo made frame bikes, hanging over a workbench I made for my wife’s temporary painting studio.
    I love drops but my back, neck and hands can’t handle them any more.

Those Nitto Technomic stems raise the titanium flat bars up and keep some of the classic look. I don't mind the look of modern stems, but they're a poor retrofit to threaded headsets.
    The only Campy parts i run are SR headsets and Chorus BBs. Seat posts too!
    Tough job getting the chainline to work, but the Chorus BB has one of the shortest spindle lengths and i shim them out just enough for the small ring to clear the BB lugs.

I used to ride one speed messenger style bikes in NYC, with sewups no less, so the flat bar road bike looks fine to me.

Image1517593450.634783.jpg

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  20. Meteorman

Meteorman Tele-Holic

Dec 23, 2012
    State College PA
    Tele Cabronita underway in the foreground, flintlock longrifle station behind that, and 25 yrs worth of stuff, all of it extremely & critically important , along the back wall.
    IMG_2534.JPG

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.