Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

What Do You Want?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by brookdalebill, Sep 10, 2017.

1. tominwa

tominwa Tele-Meister

Sep 15, 2016
    Olympia, Wa
    A really tricked out fishing boat. Almost had one this year but this Gibson ES 175 was just sitting there .....looking at me. What was I to do? I was helpless.

2. Garruchal

Garruchal TDPRI Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Seattle
    Time and as much nature as possible.

brookdalebill, Teleterr and ndcaster like this.

3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I've been gettin' by without enlightenment for long enough now, that I don't think it's gonna matter much for the rest of the movie.

brookdalebill and Jupiter like this.

4. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Wanting and wishing kind of are the same thing. My dear old Momma used to say when I said that I wished for something, wish in one hand and spit in the other Sonny and see which one gets full the fastest. At this point, and with the sheer number or hours I've wasted wishing and wanting things, I've just about decided Momma knew what she was talking about.

5. David Barnett

David Barnett Poster Extraordinaire

All I really need is F-U money. Give me that, and those other things will fall into line nicely.

6. Endless Mike

Endless Mike Friend of Leo's

Nov 2, 2016
    Arlington, Texas
    Hey, to each their own. I had a taste of something about two years ago that left me in a state of complete and utter peace, free from wanting. It only lasted a short while. While it slowly faded over the course of about nine months to a year, I'd like to make it permanent, if at all possible.

BuckSatan and Toto'sDad like this.

7. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Reason and logic to prevail.

8. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    Logical conclusions are dependent on fundamental assumptions, so this wish makes me a little nervous.

Teleterr likes this.

9. BigDaddyLH

The alternative has always made me nervous. Time to switch seats?

10. BigDaddyLH

Whew! Sure I was gonna be rickrolled. But I was thinking it would be ...

11. MDent77

MDent77 Tele-Holic

Jun 13, 2016
    New England

I believe the Tubes offered a far more penetrating query, but the Moody Blues certainly created a classic on the topic! (The Tubes never qualify as a rick roll)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017

12. Jupiter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    That plan is so crazy, IT JUST MIGHT WORK!

13. MDent77

MDent77 Tele-Holic

Jun 13, 2016
    New England
    Basic principles are universal. Unless you're a relativist. Then you might as well panic..

14. Jupiter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    Hmm, let's see how far we get with that...

Teleterr likes this.

15. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

That came to mind immediately. I have a lovely family, I'm still pretty nimble with body and brain for my age, and I hope it lasts.

Teleterr likes this.

16. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

Good luck with that. Another part of my last comment is hoping my wife's past 3 years of hell from cancer is really past.

Best wishes to all having a tough run.

17. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Nothing wrong with looking for something that will flip your skirt. I've had too many bad things happen in my life to even think about finding inner peace. Some I generated some I just had, I'm not kicking, I've had a good life too, if that makes any sense, but the bad stuff will always be there. I'm just happy when I take a nap and I don't dream. When I'm awake, I can deal with the bad, the night brings too many memories and bad dreams with it. You are lucky that you found what you were looking for even for a little while. You know, better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.

telemnemonics likes this.

18. MDent77

MDent77 Tele-Holic

Jun 13, 2016
    New England
    Well...In the interim, just join the NHL thread and root for your favorite team. :)

19. BigDaddyLH

Yes, someone go first and list them basic principles. Fisticuffs ensure in 9, 8, 7 ...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.