Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

What Do Pedal Reviewers Have Against Chords?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by TBOT, Apr 16, 2018.

1. LeicaBoss

LeicaBoss Tele-Meister

Oct 16, 2015
    New Jersey
    Plinka plinka plinka freeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuu, plinka plinka.

This Maxon 808 Sounds great! Nothing at all like a Tubescreamer.

TBOT and waparker4 like this.

2. luckett

luckett Friend of Leo's

Jun 14, 2011
    Real blooze daddies don't need no petals because they plug straight into their maps.

3. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Apr 2, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    Another vote for Knobs.

mitchfinck and TBOT like this.

4. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Andy of PG (now at Reverb) and Brett are really the only ones that consistently play both single notes and strum chords through an amp that most people are familiar with and get right to it without a bunch of verbiage that we already know. Everyone else are pathetic in one way or another, although once in awhile a gem from Just Nick, plus I like his personal style. I gain no knowledge from Anderton's, but they are entertaining. Danish Pete is the player of the whole bunch. I just love to listen to him play whatever he is demoing. He is also subtle about how he really feels about the product without pissing off the manufacturers.

TBOT likes this.

5. lefty73

lefty73 Tele-Afflicted

Jan 19, 2011
    I'd argue the lack of chords is due to the Noodling Majority that watches pedal demos. These are the same people that used to post angry comments about Andy's pick-less playing ruining the demo of a pedal (???) or claiming that the mini-songs Pete Thorn writes to demo pedals hide how the pedal actually sounds (???).

TBOT likes this.

6. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Do you play with the tippy-skin of your thumb and index finger? I don't. In my experience, playing with a pick vs. fingers immediately increases volume and treble of my signal.

TBOT and Paul in Colorado like this.

7. David Barnett

David Barnett Poster Extraordinaire

You should look at more fuzz pedal reviews then. The one effect where you want to hear it mainly on single note noodling, and the guys always play chords.

TBOT likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.