Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

What do 'Master Builders' actually do?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by AndrewG, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Latebluesman

Latebluesman Tele-Meister

abracatabra@
    Your definition about demand and supply is so general, that includes everything. Probably you are right to see it that way. I guess the last bottle of Lafitte 1959 left in the world would cost how much? Who knows?
    Good analysis, my friend.
    I fold. Still I don't regret that I bought my Masterbuilt Nocaster.
    Hope in the future, I will also afford a Masterbuilt Strat. :D

2. Camplain

Camplain Tele-Holic

Aug 2, 2011
    Hamburg, Arkansas
    Well, clearly you were once an angry angry man Ron, but you're becoming less angry (must explain why you've been nice to me), so you need to get really angry, like "HULK SMASH!!!" angry because it drives you to build better guitars with more precise cuts using your anger ray heat vision... if you get angry enough you'll even be able to give that certain look to a tree (raises eyebrow like The Rock) and a tree will just shed the unnecessary bits and form a fine guitar right there on the spot :lol:... think of how your production will go through the roof!!!....ok so I'm just being a total goof here, pay no mind to me, just pickin' at you guys :lol:

Ron, it's very big of you to come back with that post after putting yourself in MEs shoes, very admirable... and Latebluesman, you seem like a really nice guy... although, I'll have the Boones Farm thank you lol (actually more of a Mascato Rubino guy to tell the truth... $9)

In all seriousness, this has been a really strange thread with lots of twists and turns, but it's been fun to follow, learned a lot... and on some pages didn't learn a thing lol.... despite the differences in opinions we all have a few things in common, we obviously love Teles, so we've got good taste ;)... we all know, or want to know more about guitars than the average Joe Picker, and even though ya really can't genrealize like this, I'm going to anyway, and say that we can probably all step forward as good people just doing the best we can (not so fast Adolph Cyrus Gayce Manson..... well there's bound to be one in every crowd :lol:) different personalities, different views... but I like to think we're all friends here...

As far as I'm concerned it's perfectly fine for any company to charge whatever they want for a product, people either buy it or they don't... I'll probably never have a masterbuilt guitar from the CS... not unless I start making a ton of money. I'm fine with that, it's why I'm so thankful for the small builders who make custom guitars a possibility for the average guy. To me these builders (the names we all know) ARE masterbuilders, they just don't work for Fender.... That can be a bit of a drawback, in that when I get my hands on my custom built axe I know plenty of people will glance at the headstock from a distance and think it's some kind of off brand junk because it won't say Fender.... but to me I'll look at that headstock with a feeling of pride, I'll think of how it's exactly what I wanted, how I didn't have to settle for anything, how one man worked his magic and turned that old wood into something special just for me... puts a huge smile on my face just thinking about it :D..... but others who want the feeling of "built special for me by one man" need that Fender logo on there too, no harm in that, I understand, heck I want a Fender Tele too!... CS and especially CS Masterbuilt just aren't marketed to people like me, so chances are I'll end up with some random budget friendly Fender Tele hanging on my stand that rarely gets played because I'll be to busy with my custom built non-Fender.... gosh it sounds insane when I put it in print lol.....

well, I didn't add anything new to the thread, but now I've participated lol.... I'm gonna go home and play guitar... have a good rest of the day everyone:)

3. Vonduck

Vonduck TDPRI Member

Jan 16, 2012
    S.W. Florida
    Camplain....Well said!

4. Mur

Mur Tele-Afflicted

Jun 30, 2004
    USA
    There's one snag when having a Masterbuilt made, you won't know, nor will the builder, how the instrument will exactly sound when finished.

5. Five-O

Five-O Tele-Afflicted

Nov 2, 2008
    Huntsville, AL.
    This one has really been fun, but since it's winding down, allow me say that it appears that a couple of the little " Cougars " have partaken of a little too much of the ol' 59. Latebluesman you are one lucky guitar slinger.

6. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

we will await photos of you to likewise critique. Apparently, not all southern men are southern gentlemen!

7. Latebluesman

Mr Kirn.
    If you don't understand my post, you could ask me directly, "what is it all about, Latebluesman?".
    You refer to me like if I only were a number(#407),
    and you also prefer to ask the rest of the guys.

I will give you an explanation anyway.

I thought there was anger, when you were typing phrases like these:

"Most of us “old timers” don’t give a ratzazz about what you think of our choices, but there are a lot of “less calloused” guitarists, that sweat, and worry about details and minutiae for months before “pulling the trigger.
    Then proudly hop into the “frey” here in the forum, posting photos, or queries to elicit opinions… only to have some dingleberry verbally pee all over their dream… not cool… not even a little bit…

and

While, what ya feel about any product is entirely within your purview, broadcasting it with “half baked” info is just plain wrong, specially when many are simply “piling on”, because they can, from within the “veil of anonymity” the internet affords.

I can only wonder if these “guys” would slither away in a “face to face” meeting like the snakes they are."

Maybe I was wrong?

I also have one more comment. The internet anonymity that you say you dislike, is exactly what helps you to say things like
    "verbally pee all over their dream", and
    "I can only wonder if these “guys”, and
    "like the snakes they are"...

I wonder if you would say similar things in a face to face dialogue with any of those guys.

8. Nick JD

Nick JD Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Wait. So what masterbuilders actually do is make profits for FMIC shareholders with premium priced goods?

Thought so. :D

Jeez that took a long time to figure out!

9. Latebluesman

+1

10. nadzab

nadzab Friend of Leo's

Mar 23, 2009
    New England
    Based on a plain reading, it seems to be about someone with a huge chip on his shoulder. :D

11. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

May 1, 2003
    Jacksonville, FL
    If it's me, the chip would be Swamp Ash or Alder... ;)

r

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.