Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

What are you practicing this week?

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by Jules78, Dec 6, 2017.

1. rdonahue

rdonahue Tele-Meister

Apr 21, 2013
    Lancaster, PA
    This might help: http://breakdownway.com/lesson/Jorma-Death-Dont-Have-No-Mercy That's on my list of fingerpicking tunes to learn as well. Hesitation Blues is first.

Obsessed likes this.

2. Tobias

Tobias Tele-Meister

Dec 2, 2015
    Amersfoort
    Sultans of Swing (all guitar bits)
    The solo to Shocking Blue's Venus

This as a precursor to my 2018 guitar goals.

Jules78 likes this.

3. thebowl

thebowl Tele-Meister

May 19, 2014
    New Jersey
    I seem to be veering away from my electrics. Trying to get Country Roads down pat with a full Travis approach, using my Santa Cruz OM. And I also have been playing my open D tuned Martin a good bit, and in particular Diving Duck Blues, based on the latest version on the Taj Mo album. Trying to gain a command over the note locations in open D, as opposed to just playing what sounds good.

Obsessed likes this.

4. Tonemonkey

Tonemonkey Poster Extraordinaire

Classic Rock band:
    Speed and accuracy for the solos in Van Halen's Jump and Europe's Final Countdown - pretty much there.

Personal:
    RJ's 32-20 and Queen of Spades on acoustic

Various slick double stop licks on the Tele.

5. Steve NB

Steve NB Tele-Meister

Mar 26, 2015
    New Brunswick Canada

6. guitarsgreat101

guitarsgreat101 TDPRI Member

Oct 31, 2017
    Worcester, UK
    Winter Wonderland by brad paisley - great song with insane feel to it.
    Sultans of Swing - outro appregios especially.... love the song....struggling to play the solos though

7. Colors

Colors Tele-Meister

May 12, 2016
    Nebraska
    If I ever get 5 minutes to myself this week I wanted to learn Blitzen Trapper Furr. We'll see if it happens, I promised my wife that we would play together this weekend (she plays cello and I try to play mandolin when we do this) I don't know as of yet what we will be working on.

8. alathIN

alathIN TDPRI Member

Oct 25, 2017
    Indiana
    This is my first year back playing guitar after a 32 year layoff.
    I was determined to do fingerstyle this time. Didn't have the patience for it as a teenager.

This week:
    Sultans of Swing - working in order, pretty solid for the first parts, now getting into the first solo.
    We Belong to You
    Keeping my right hand fingers to their "assigned" strings

Jules78 and Sounds Good like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.