Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

What are you bereft of today?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Obsessed, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    So what you're saying is, there's no wrong answer!

Same diff!

24 track likes this.

2. Paul Jenkin

Paul Jenkin Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Aug 17, 2017
    Essex, UK
    No. What I'm saying is that I feel somewhat adrift in life, having lost my job last year and feeling very uneasy and uncertain about the future.

3. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    I think she was implying to find your center with what you have, not what you dont, dont forget they ( my parents) were very young during the wwII and were stationed in europe at the time. so I appreciate the sage philosophy now

4. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    I went through a major job loss in a competative industry , and was down for over 10 months I applied everywhere I could including to university, it was my main focus , I felt totally defeated , crushed and the anxiety was insurmountable , I had started a wrongfull dissmissal case against my employer due to the details of the particular events, My lawyer told me I had to mitigate the situation and not wait for the case to settle, 3 days after my last day with the company I applied to the federal government ( July 13,) 10 month later I get a call from them asking me to come in for an interview , at the same time I get a call from the university I've been selected out of 70 applicants to get into the 3D animation course 4 spots avalable , then I hear back from the federal government 6 positions available 40 applicants, and I have my foot in the door, I had to make a descision , school or work , my bills were accumulating at a massive rate so I chose work 25 years later to the day I retired from that job I had gotten one of those 6 possitions , the silly part was I failed the interview appearently .

the Law case settled on the steps of the court house with my ex-employer giving me enough money to put a major down payment on a house here in Kamloops but this was 3 years later.

All things settle but dont let depression kill your enthusiasm, that is the hardest part , instead of saying "Sh-t happens", say "I make Sh-t happen".

best of with this

elihu, Milspec, awasson and 3 others like this.

5. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Friend of Leo's

Jun 7, 2017
    GCDB
    Unfounded worry..

I was raised by a group of worrisome “ the sky is falling” people who sweated every little thing, to the point that they wouldn’t know a happy/ fun moment if it hit them with a hammer. Everything was
    “ tragic” to the point where nothing could be.

I decided to take a new tack at the first of the year, I now ask myself what’s the worst that could happen? No job, been there done that many times, no car .. same. On the street, yep, no money that’s pretty much been a constant . Poor health ditto..

Still nothing was as bad as my mind told me it would be. Most people when faced with a crisis gather themselves and deal with it, worry never fixed anything, and worry about something that might happen just distracts you from what actually is..

tintag27, 24 track, Milspec and 3 others like this.

6. Paul Jenkin

Aug 17, 2017
    Essex, UK
    Cheers.

I set up a limited company straight away as I had the offer of contract / consultancy work in a similar role to what I'd been doing. I'm now having to apply for jobs again (3 months to the end of the contract) and I'm really not sure whether I want to remain in the same profession or try something new. The financials and the fact that I've done this job for almost 38 years will probably drive me to stay in the same profession but part of me wants to try something new - which is not easy when you're 57 years old with a very specific skill set.

However, like you say, I'm trying to be optimistic / positive.

2blue2, 24 track and Tele1966 like this.

7. 985plowboy

985plowboy Tele-Afflicted

Feb 5, 2012
    South Louisiana
    "Stale pastry is hollow succor for man bereft of battle ostrich".
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper

3fngrs and Obsessed like this.

8. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Mar 11, 2008
    Boise, Idaho

9. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    I'm bereft of my mom that I lost 5 years ago. I didn't realize until after she was gone that she was my biggest cheerleader in life.

moosie, Tele1966 and Paul Jenkin like this.

10. Paul Jenkin

Aug 17, 2017
    Essex, UK
    I know how you feel.

I lost my dad at Christmas 1992 and my mum in March 1995. Best people I ever knew and looked after me better than I could have ever dreamed possible.

Never a day goes by that I don't think of them and miss them.

24 track, Tele1966 and Obsessed like this.

11. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 20, 2013
    Northeast Ohio, USA
    Sleep. I got plenty last night, but still feel like I need more.

My father. He passed in 2002; I still miss him. I am fast approaching the age he was when he passed (I still have 7 years to go).

Playing time. Two jobs are pulling at my schedule. The work keeps us comfortable, but it cuts into my enjoyment time.

We were bereft of show. Then I woke up, looked out the window, and the ground is covered. It is mid April. WTH?

Tele1966 likes this.

12. Boubou

Boubou Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 30, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    I don't like hats, so no berets for me

tintag27 and Obsessed like this.

13. TimothyC

TimothyC Tele-Afflicted

May 12, 2016
    California
    I'm alright, the nights are a bit harder to deal with but it's an amazingly beautiful day today. Not a cloud in sight, beautiful view of the mountains as far as the eye can see and crisp morning air and a short stroll to walk my daughter to school. Feels good.

14. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    I’m bereft of a job, sunshine & Mexico

15. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Dec 18, 2016
    Camden Point, MO

I'm going to recommend your new Yoga instructor to a few people I know !

16. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    Same here. Four years. Bereft of mom-understanding.

Right now I'm bereft of medical care. My infusions have been terminated due to some bureaucratic BS. No end in sight, but without the meds, there's a nasty tipping point in the offing...

17. Obsessed

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    This should probably be everyone's goal in life.

2blue2 and william tele like this.

18. Obsessed

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Whoa, that is serious stuff. Isn't there someone to contact for help you expedite getting through the bureaucratic crap?

19. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    Bereft of hope and a reason to live. But, it's been like that for at least 40 years, so... yeah.

20. lammie200

lammie200 Tele-Afflicted

Jan 11, 2013
    San Francisco
    Yeah, money and happiness. Today is freakin' tax day :(

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.