Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

What are some of the best PC Amp Software to Pair up with a Focusrite Scarlet 2i2

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by Rockbly66, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Rockbly66

Rockbly66 TDPRI Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Seattle
    I play mostly Blues and Blues Rock

2. xafinity

xafinity Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Dec 24, 2015
    west of I-10
    "I play mostly Blues and Blues Rock"

In that case the choice is clear.

waparker4 and tlimbert65 like this.

3. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    Scuffham S-Gear. Free trial period available.

paratus and privatesalt like this.

4. Rockbly66

Rockbly66 TDPRI Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Seattle
    Basically what I want to do is use my Computer as a headphone amp for electric guitar. I have two programs. One that slows down video at same pitch and one that slow down MP3s at same pitch. I want the effected sound of my guitar from the Amp/Effect sim to come out the Headphones as well as well as the sound of the two programs I mentioned above. This is what I want to use to practice. Right now I am using a Line 6 Podxt Red Bean. It allows the sounds from the computer to come out of the headphones attached to it along with the effected sound of the guitar. It is like 10 years old and I thinks it is time for an upgrade especially since I just moved up to Windows 10 and it no longer supports a program where you can control the Pod from your computer screen. That is why I need help with a good setup. Already got the Focusrite Audio Interface now I need to figure out the rest. Thanks

5. paratus

paratus Friend of Leo's Ad Free + Supporter

Dec 2, 2010
    Michigan
    +1 on the Scuffham. I like Softube Vintage Amp Room a lot, and NI Guitar Rig 5 is not bad at all if you get it as part of a package.

I usually use the amp sims as plug-ins with my DAW, although they can run as stand alone. I am not sure how that would work with the software you are using to play your tracks.

6. pete-strych

pete-strych Tele-Holic

Jun 19, 2012
    Scuffham S-Gear came along with my Slate Everything bundle, & it's the best I've heard yet. Plus, you can use 3rd party IR with it. I also use Amplitube 4 Mesa Boogie Bundle...it's pretty great if you spend the time to tweak it. I use EZ Mix in a pinch or for Bass.

7. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

May 15, 2016
    Silicon Valley
    I'm a big Amplitube fan.

pete-strych likes this.

8. pete-strych

pete-strych Tele-Holic

Jun 19, 2012
    I've had awesome results with Amplitube 4. They say (whoever "they" are), that if you turn off the speaker cab, you can add an IR in your DAW. Results with just Amplitube can be very convincing...I am definitely going to try using 3rd party IR's & see just how good it could get. The Mesa Boogie Trans Atlantic is truly amazing for a clean tone. The Mark III is better for an overdriven amp tone. Adding the Amplitube Tube Screamer pedal makes it sound even better.

9. pete-strych

pete-strych Tele-Holic

Jun 19, 2012
    So I experimented last night with the idea I replied with earlier in the week. I plugged my guitar straight into my Focusrite Scarlett USB interface & opened a new Cubase project. Next, I inserted Amplitube 4 Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier & dialed in a sweet tone. I selected IK Multimedia's version of a TubeScreamer for extra boost. Then I turned off the cab sim in Amplitube making my sweet tone sound rather terrible & shrilly/brittle sounding...yuck!
    Back to Cubase, I inserted Scuffham S-Gear & turned off the Amp sim, leaving open the Reverb Convolver & delay. Next, 2 speaker cab IR's were selected along choosing an SM57 & a Royer ribbon mic (I think it's a Royer?). Holy mother of pearl...this sounds killer!!!! It took a lot of tweaking, but this combo is Jammin.

fretwhizzy and RLee77 like this.

10. donguillermo

donguillermo TDPRI Member

Oct 10, 2014
    French Polynesia
    I am a big fan of amplitube.

Also look up Go play along : it allows you to sync backing tracks with tabs, slow down the tempo at the same pitch, loop a part in ordre to work on it.

Send me a PM if you want me to export my song database

11. Allthesound

Allthesound Tele-Afflicted

Oct 21, 2011
    Connecticut
    Line 6 Helix Native with my Scarlett 18i20 rocks! free 15 day trail is also available.

privatesalt likes this.

12. pete-strych

pete-strych Tele-Holic

Jun 19, 2012
    Did another experiment last night, only this time with free plugins. I was looking for a clean, rich & swirly guitar tone. I plugged my Schecter JL-7 with active Duncan Loomis pickups into the Focusrite USB interface. I downloaded LePou Bogner & Engl amps & selected clean channels on each (dialing in a full tone). Then I downloaded OwnHammer's free Mesa IR. I have some Softube Plugins that were free with something I purchased. I chose a killer Reverb & Drawmer Compressor. The chorus VST effect is included with Cubase. Then I added a tape delay VST effect that also was included with some package. The LePou amps sound better than I could have imagined, but it's the Impulses that really put the sound over the top. Even for free, you could create a pro sounding virtual guitar track these days.

13. kLyon

kLyon TDPRI Member

Mar 21, 2011
    US
    Voxengo.com. Go there and download the Boogex plugin. For some reason, Aleksey (who writes some of the best professional recording/mixing software in the world) gives this one away for free. It will surprise you: in how good it sounds, how versatile it is, how free it is, and how nobody knows about it.

14. MMARSH

MMARSH Tele-Meister

Jun 21, 2015
    CA
    To my ears, the best sounding amp modelling software is Bias by Positive Grid.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.