Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

What a way to end the year.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by AndyLowry, Dec 31, 2012.

1. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Friend of Leo's

May 1, 2012
    Prescott AZ
    Saturday, I cooked a turkey. While carving, I managed to slice into my forefinger on the fretting hand. Not a bad cut, no stitches nor medical attention needed, but just enough to keep me from playing. I was somewhat bummed up because the weekend is where I get most of my practicing done. On the plus side, I think it'll be healed by the time my very first tube amp gets here (Friday, it looks like), so at least I have something to look forward to-- that might be a nice start to the year after all. Still hate missing the practice days though. Poor li'l ole me. Awwww.

2. winny pooh

winny pooh Friend of Leo's

Jan 24, 2006
    South London
    Did you suck on it?

3. Bartholomew3

Bartholomew3 Friend of Leo's

Dec 8, 2010
    Montreal
    I split a callus a few days back on my left hand index finger - keeps coming back in the cold dry winter weather and I have a heavy touch and play with loud intense Blues groups so that doesn't help. Plus I cut it a couple of weeks prior by accident.

I do jam sessions as a guest with various bands in my area, a set here, a night there and have been out of action for a week including an invite for a new year jam this afternoon at a local Blues venue in Montreal.

Completely sucks - have to go buy some Crazy Glue - that works for a day or 2 and is harmless - I understand it was used in Vietnam and elsewhere to stop bleeding in medical emergency US troops.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. AndyLowry

May 1, 2012
    Prescott AZ
    On the guitar? Yes, that's why I need the practice.

6. AndyLowry

May 1, 2012
    Prescott AZ
    Maybe if we just wore gloves all the time like Glenn Gould, we'd stop hurting our fingers. He may have been on to something.

7. x2plex

x2plex Tele-Meister

Jun 4, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    Sure, gloves will protect your hands, but with that new tube amplifier you might need to buy a Glenn Gould hum filter.

8. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    Drop a little superglue on that cut and you'll be back in the game.

9. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    New skin on the finger (recommended by Toto, he uses it on his paws). What tube amp?

10. Badabing

Badabing Friend of Leo's

Oct 13, 2009
    San Marcos, Ca
    Superglue has worked great for me as well

11. ast370

ast370 Tele-Meister

May 21, 2011
    South Carolina
    super glue ftw... my wife works in an OR and brings me medical grade super glue called derma-bond, but for playing guitar the super glue is better because it sets up harder.

12. thorton077

thorton077 Tele-Afflicted

Dec 18, 2011
    Frisco, TX
    What amp are you getting?

13. tele salivas

tele salivas Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 5, 2008
    Tulsa
    Get 1/2 pint of Dewars, drink it, commence playing and let the blood flow.

14. Matt G

Matt G Tele-Meister

Dec 6, 2012
    Australia
    I'm in a similar situation.

I'm looking forward to the day when mine's able to bring home a jar of tantrum-fix, or a tube of insta-guitar-skill.

Until then, well. . . .

15. H. Mac

H. Mac Friend of Leo's

May 26, 2012
    In the USA!
    Sorry to hear about this, Andy. At least you ended up better off than the turkey! :lol:

16. AndyLowry

May 1, 2012
    Prescott AZ
    Ohhhh, very good. :lol:

17. AndyLowry

May 1, 2012
    Prescott AZ
    A Vox AC4TV. It's sitting in the UPS warehouse in Phoenix, which is making me antsy.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.