What’s the next guitar you’re going to buy? Seriously.

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Bluego1, Apr 27, 2019.

1. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's

Well in the next few days I will put my hands on my beloved squier VM tele custom that I gave to my brother a few years ago and have been missing since.

Then I will meet a classic series 50s strat in fiesta red, she is on her way to me and hopefully I will receive her this week.

Around the end og August I should also receive the squier esquire I bought las month, can't wait!

I'd say that's all but my b'day is in November...

kohoutec and Shuster like this.
  2. awasson

awasson Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

What is that? I’ve only seen those triple height adjusters on 70’s/80’s Ibanez guitars.

3. muscmp

muscmp Tele-Afflicted

how do i know? i don't have any plans to buy one but you never know what you will run across.

play music!

Shuster likes this.
  4. Shuster

Shuster Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I'm with @DHart, this has to be my last guitar for a good while, I have bought since the new year, a Carvin, MIJ Tele, Backlund 200. I have been on the lookout for a Epiphone Sheraton ll which for us lefties rarely show up, which I finally found a clean one, and nabbed it:)
    Looks like this, but 2003 Korean version,,

http://www.epiphone.com/Products/Archtop/Sheraton-II.aspx

5. bondoman

bondoman Tele-Meister

80's Hohner Professional L75

radiocaster and awasson like this.
  6. Dismalhead

Dismalhead Poster Extraordinaire

I don't think I'll every "buy" a pre-made guitar again. Why buy when you can build one exactly as you want?

Next project is gonna be a burnt finish 3 x P90 Strat. Body is already on the way, with a swimming pool route.

DHart likes this.
  7. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Tele-Afflicted

New or used SG or LP on a year. P90s would be nice, but not necessary. 18 watt head kit the next. I spent a lot the last year on amps and projects. Now I’m just gonna play and get better. Plus, got kiddos getting ready for college the next few years. So gotta keep GAS in check.

8. awasson

awasson Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Nice find! It looks like it's brand new aside from the aged yellowing of the pickup rings and pickups.

9. bondoman

bondoman Tele-Meister

Looked like a closet queen to me by the photos but that Chestnut top was the kicker. It will be mine! Thou shall not out bid me! Be here Thursday and I'll give it a once over and any needed adjustments and finessing. No longer will it be a closet queen or hiding under beds, in attics or forgotten spaces. It will be played.

awasson likes this.
  10. rand z

rand z Friend of Leo's

I'm in the process of buying a Godin Ultra 6 from a buddy.

Very nice guitar!

11. AAT65

AAT65 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

...because a 12-string guitar doesn’t sound at all like a 6-string played through an octave pedal.
    If you’d said chorus pedal you’d be nearer the mark, but playing a 6-string through a chorus is just what you do if you haven't got a 12-string — or don’t have the patience to tune one up! (IMHO, YMMV, yadda yadda.)
    Roll on the Electric XII reissue.

12. kohoutec

kohoutec Tele-Meister

I had one of those. Probably the most comfortable neck I ever played. Like a fool I sold it, as for some reason I have an aversion to Strats (silly I know but I've never liked them).
    I do regret letting that one go though, enjoy it.

I'm going to attempt not to buy another guitar this year.. Already got 2 this year, a Gordon Smith custom order and a beater Classic Vibe tele. I don't really rate my chances though

mimmo likes this.
  13. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Tele-Holic

Since I've been working round my guitars getting them all set up, final tweaks (and a couple of electrical mods) done, then in theory I shouldn't need to look at anything else.

However, just this week I've been looking at another Gretsch (but a single cut and metallic blue to complement the Black double cut one I bought in January). I've looked at the new 50s American Original Strat in White blonde, a used White Blonde MiM Esquire, a new 50s Classic Tele in 2TB to convert to an Esquire, a Jimmy Page White Blonde Tele (and convert my White Blonde 50s Classic Tele into an Esquire) and a brief fling looking at a metallic red SG with P90s. :oops::D

Haven't bought anything yet, but by next weekend who knows? :D

14. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

My guitar needs are pretty much taken care of. Maybe a Weisenborn style guitar for acoustic lap steel needs. Amps are more likely purchases.

Modernelove and teletimetx like this.
  15. ReverendRevolver

ReverendRevolver Tele-Meister

I need to make my NGD and NAD posts tomorrow, but I just got my Duosonic and Supro blues king, so I'm not feeling a need to get anything else soon. Maybe a partscaster tele in the next 2 years with a neck like my toronado.

But I need to focus on mods and playing now. Got wire to install the 4way in my tele, then I'll either be done with it or change neck pickup.
    Mustang needs some mods and aesthetics stuff, any amount of competition stripe, new pickups (4wire ones, was looking for cheappish epi PAFs) pickgaurd swap, bridge swap to toronado bridge...)
    Duo sonic I haven't really played, but LF makes different flavors of duosonic pickup, and I know the body cavity is big enough for mini humbuckers...

Plenty of tinkering to keep me busy.

Bluego1 likes this.
  16. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's

I used to own one also and stupidly sold it, and likr you I "don't like" strats. But I still want one and yes, I really liked the neck.
    I have decided to play just this strat in the next two months in order to bond with it, really want to have a strat.

OTAH I used to own a Gordon Smith GS1 and actually don't remember why I sold it, one day I will get another for sure.

kohoutec likes this.
  17. teleplayr

teleplayr Tele-Holic

Probably one of the newer Telecasters with the neck humbucker.

18. Brucesu

Brucesu Tele-Meister

I’m totes not buying any new guitars or amps or even pedals!

But maybe I’ll get an mxr delay pedal sometime in the far future...

19. Twang Deluxe

Twang Deluxe Tele-Meister

Perhaps a new Fender Electric 12

20. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Tele-Afflicted

I have a custom guitar on order right now for my son.

It's a secret, and he has no idea I'm getting him this guitar.

It's a custom Rohlack built to my exact specs.

I modeled it after this Xotic guitar here.

It's Fiesta Red (no relicing) w/ Tort guard. 4A Flamed roasted maple neck. Medium Jumbo SS frets, Suhr V70 and SSV vintage pickups.

It should be ready in July.

My son is going to be so happy and surprised with this guitar.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.