Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Western Electric

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by SamClemons, Jun 23, 2013.

1. SamClemons

SamClemons Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2011
    Jasper, TN
  2. joeford

joeford Friend of Leo's

Apr 17, 2013
    st. louis, illinois
    that's pretty great. it's always nice to hear of a NEW tube manufacturer instead of another one going under. the more options, the merrier

although you won't see me with a $100,000 stereo anytime soon (or ever for that matter)

3. BiggerJohn

BiggerJohn Friend of Leo's

Jun 1, 2009
    California
    I really don't think there will be a huge market for 6L6s that cost $200 each, or $75 12AX7s. Particularly not from the big OEM amp manufacturers who are in heavy competition and are trying to meet price points.

Good luck to them.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. muchxs

muchxs Doctor of Teleocity

Aug 14, 2004
    New England
    "Whitener also wants to expand his product line and produce additional models of tubes to sell to guitar amplifier makers such as Peavey, Fender, Marshall and Mesa Boogie."

Western Electric bought Ei quite a while ago. It's pretty simple to manufacture guitar amp tubes the same way Electro Harmonix does it. Make 'em somewhere else. Then silkscreen the ol' Western Electric logo on 'em. Hey, ho! Instant Westerm Electric 300Bs! Brilliant! :D

6. SamClemons

SamClemons Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2011
    Jasper, TN
    I did take a glance at ebay. My some of the old Western Electric tube stuff brings enormous prices. I hope he does start manufacturing tubes in US.

7. joeford

joeford Friend of Leo's

Apr 17, 2013
    st. louis, illinois
    have you met some of the audiophiles lurking the internet? i think people will insist on buying them just because they do cost so much. it'll be the lollar pickups of the tube realm...

*no offense to lollar... great pickups, just too rich for my blood

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.