Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

We're Off To See The Wizard

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Humscruddle, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Humscruddle

Humscruddle TDPRI Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Newton Aycliffe - UK.
    "

Well hi there, everyone! Long-time-lurker, first-time-poster here. I sat and learned a thing and wanted to show you the thing!

After trawling through the 'Transcriptions' page on the Ted Greene website, I decided to try and learn his arrangement of 'We're off to see the wizard' from The Wizard of Oz. This is the result!

Anyway; let me know what you think! Critique* would be very welcome!

*constructive critique, mind you. Don't just be hatin' on the weird Kenneth-Williams-esque face I pull when I play the harmonic near the end.

2. Flash1909

Flash1909 Tele-Meister

Mar 11, 2015
    USA

3. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Great playing, great tone!

Humscruddle likes this.

4. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY
    A critique, well okay, I'd say it was...awesome! Nice Thing indeed and you made it your own.

Humscruddle likes this.

5. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Tele-Afflicted

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    Very Cool....and that piece holds a special place in my heart....in 1960 I played a Munchkin Army General in Casa Manana's production of The Wizard of Oz. Thanks, Humscruddle...ya done good, young fellow.

Humscruddle likes this.

6. Milspec

Milspec Tele-Afflicted

Feb 15, 2016
    Nebraska
    That would make the perfect child's lullaby...very well done.

Funny that you posted this as I was just talking to a friend about the Wizard of Oz and how the Cowardly Lion's costume was a real Lion's hide. A little trivia for you.

Humscruddle likes this.

7. Humscruddle

Humscruddle TDPRI Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Newton Aycliffe - UK.
    Thanks for the kind words everyone :) I really like tunes like this - they have an almost childish playfulness to them, but Ted manages to arrange them to bring out their emotive qualities.
    I'm glad it stokes good memories for you, nojazzhere :) The song always reminds me of watching the film with my grandmother when I was just a young 'un :) The winged monkeys used to really freak me out.
    Thanks for the bit of trivia there too, Milspec. I love a good bit of trivia like this :) even if it does involve dead animals :/ haha.

nojazzhere and Milspec like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.