Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Well-----

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Spanky, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Fret--yeah the POD is bad for what you are using it for---If you only want to use very few effects---sure go with some pedals--but if you like the flexability of having other "patches" available , some of the new multi-effects processors are very nice-I've been using the Digitech GNX2 and it does not rob your tone IMHO---see the problem with using lots of pedals--3-4-5 at a time is that each unit imparts both it own particular coloration AND it's own particular NOISE inherent in the unit---you multiply that noise along your signal path and your headed for "mudcity"---thats why at times I will use a Valvulator by VHT to lower my output impedance and give me a cleaner signal along that signal path---this is not so much of a concern with a multi-effects unit--the Digitech is VERY nice and warm and does a good job of not messing with your town--allowing you compensated outputs for the fx loop, the amp front end, or even a "direct" signal 8) It's a good unit--and by the time you "spring" for a few boutique pedals--well you can be "there" price wise--about $350---I know some of the fellas on this page don't want to hear "digital" anything !
    But if you a digital multi-effector (specially a good one) into a decent tone amp -it can sound purdy good !!!----try one out you will see what I mean-----

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.