Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Well, I'm done recording and mixing for the next few months...

Discussion in 'Recording In Progress' started by 64Strat, Jan 12, 2012.

1. 64Strat

64Strat Friend of Leo's Vendor Member

Oct 6, 2003
    Can't get to the studio and work.

I broke my left leg Tues afternoon. Surgery is scheduled for next week, the 19th. 12 weeks in a cast after that with no weight bearing allowed on my left leg.

I have all this mixing work to do, the time to do it but can't get there to do it! :(

2. woodman

woodman Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 28, 2004
    Mint Hill, NC
    Good god! Sorry to hear that, man. Hard to find a sunny side to that one, except you'll have time to meditate on your waiting mixes! Not much comfort there ... hope it goes well, keep us posted.

3. 64Strat

Oct 6, 2003
    thanks woodman! I know, I'm looking for the silver lining too and haven't found it yet. I can put up with the pain and eventually that will go away in a few weeks after the bones are set. As things would have it, my house is all stairs or steps to get from one level to another... the "studio" is in the basement, I'm confined to the 2nd floor, it's just not feasible right now to get down there and I have to keep my knee and ankle elevated above my heart for right now with everything still broken. I took out the tibia, fibula and talis bones, plus it's all dislocated. Doc said it's the worst break he's ever seen at or just above the ankle. :lol: you gotta say, I don't mess around when I do things!

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. winny pooh

winny pooh Friend of Leo's

Jan 24, 2006
    South London
    Ouch! Sorry to hear that, back to guitar practice. Perhaps even a good time to learn an instrument like the mandolin... good luck withe the surgery.

6. Tim Armstrong

Tim Armstrong Super Moderator Staff Member

Mar 5, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Admin Post
    Ow!

Sending healing vibes!!!!

Tim

7. peteycaster

peteycaster Tele-Meister

Jul 26, 2008
    Australia
    Sorry to hear about the accident and the halt to your project. Perhaps some reading? Lots of good books about recording out there.

8. Geoff738

Geoff738 Poster Extraordinaire

May 11, 2007
    Toronto
    Sounds like you did quite the number on yourself.

Best wishes on a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

If you can't get to the studio - can you make the studio come to you?

In the interim, lots of good info here: http://www.soundonsound.com/ - I especially like the Classic tracks, but loads of stuff on techniques as well, and this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IrwLHT3PJk&list=SL&feature=sh_e_se. I've watched most of the Pensado episodes, and even though the kind of stuff he works on is very different from mine, I've learned something valuable from just about every episode.

Cheers,
    Geoff

9. 64Strat

Oct 6, 2003
    I love SOS! I go there all the time to read up on stuff.

I have to tell you guys how this happened. I have a male Boxer pup that is 9-1/2 months old and just weighed in at 78 lbs. Tuesday afternoon I took him out for a nature call and afterwards was playfully jogging with him. He was running infront of me and leaping up in the air. At the fateful moment he jumped up and when he landed, he lost his footing and fell and I ran into him, losing my balance. Seeing I was about to crush him, I pushed off on my right leg to hurdle him and my left foot got tangled in his legs and when I went to plant my left foot, it rolled and my full weight went on it and snapped all the bones in and around my left ankle. I spared him but it cost me big time! I then crawled home about 100 yds on all fours with him still on the leash, pulled myself up on the patio on one leg, hopped into the house and all the way to the phone and called for help. An hour later the ambulance and EMS arrived. Two days later, I'm home from the hospital, still with a broken leg.

10. woodman

woodman Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 28, 2004
    Mint Hill, NC
    Jeez! That's an entire movie. At some point in your life, it'll be a hell of a tale to tell, but for now, just do what the doc say and let it heal.

11. Geoff738

May 11, 2007
    Toronto
    Or at least a song.

I was dancing with a boxer and ...

Cheers,
    Geoff

12. peteycaster

peteycaster Tele-Meister

Jul 26, 2008
    Australia
    I think Simon & Garfunkel may have beat you to it!

13. 64Strat

Oct 6, 2003
    The Boxer

:lol:

I had not thought of that until you mentioned it, too funny!

14. ScatMan

ScatMan Friend of Leo's

Jul 7, 2008
    Texas
    Man, that's terrible!

Here's hoping you heal up quick and good as new.

btw: your pooch could never understand, but he owes you one. ;)

15. Rolling Estonian

Rolling Estonian Friend of Leo's

Aug 23, 2009
    Bethesda, MD.
    Damn dogs! Sorry to hear about your leg, I know you'll be up and at 'em in no time! Maybe an opportunity for working on something else? I'm not a 'things happen for a reason' person, but I do believe that when one door closes, another opens..... If you take advantage of it.

Good luck and speedy recovery to you.

M

16. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 8, 2010
    Up North
    64STRAT, get well soon!!!

I've had both of my arms broken (at different times).
    Its called "PAIN".
    Wishing you the best with no complications.

17. 64Strat

Oct 6, 2003
    Thanks everyone for the concern and well wishes! Today is the surgery to repair the bones. I can't wait to get there and get it over with because that is the beginning of the true recovery from this accident. If everything goes well, I should be back online tomorrow. See you then! ;)

18. Geoff738

May 11, 2007
    Toronto
    Good luck with the surgery!

Cheers,
    Geoff

19. J Lacey

J Lacey Tele-Holic

Jul 19, 2006
    North Georgia
    Good luck......

Jeffro

20. 64Strat

Oct 6, 2003
    I survived! I'm screwed, plated and pinned back together and have good x-ray photos of the repair.

but BOY, oh boy! ..... a whole new excruciating level of pain.... but it will eventually pass.

Note to self: Avoid this problem at all costs in the future. :lol:

21. glad you are on the mend! sending good healing vibes your way!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.