Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Well, if Willie's engineer says so...

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Ward, Mar 28, 2003.

1. Ward

Ward Tele-Holic

Mar 17, 2003
    San Diego

2. Silverface

Silverface Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Lawndale CA
    Well...

Let's see:

1. Zero feedback seller

2. No pictures.

The price on that one is not applicable to anything - only a fool (or a shill) would bid on it.

But FWIW 30's D-18's from *reputable* sellers certainly can go for that much.

3. JWD

JWD NEW MEMBER!

Mar 18, 2003
    Kansas
    D-18 prices

Gruhn's in Nashville (www.gruhn.com) has a 1939 D-18 with a "professionally made replica vintage style bridge" listed for $14,000.

FWIW...

4. jvc

jvc Tele-Meister

Mar 17, 2003
    SOCAL
    Yep, I played a 1938 D-18 at a guitar show about four years ago, absolutely the BEST sounding acoustic I ever laid hands on, and I've tried many, old and new. The V neck was heavenly and the guitar was so light it felt like balsa wood! The guy was asking $17,000 (worth every penny, in my opinion) and I was gonna take out a second on my house to buy it, but my wife would have killed me! Those guitars are very desirable and VERY hard to find, and the prices reflect that. jvc

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.