Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

We Will Always Remember

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by haggardfan1, Apr 19, 2017.

1. w3stie

w3stie Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 19, 2010
    Brisbane

2. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    NTTAWWT

kelnet likes this.

3. bchaffin72

bchaffin72 Friend of Leo's

Aug 14, 2004
    Stratford, Ontario
    This day, 1892, Charles Duryea takes the first American made gas car out for a spin.

4. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Lubbock, TX
    This is my mother's birthdate. That overshadows what any Neo-**** with an Irish surname did 22 years ago.

JayFreddy likes this.

5. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    I'm the first one to laugh at anything...almost. This post was made about a tragic moment in our history and was almost presented as a "moment of silence" or just acknowledgement.

Really guys? C'mon...I love you all but jeez...

6. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World

7. Flakey

Flakey Friend of Leo's

Right now there is 33 year old lady working as a chief in Tokyo who would not be doing so had her mother not decided she was too sick to go to daycare that day. My friend would be without a daughter and subsequent grand children had this simple decision not been made. Haggardfan 1 thanks for the post. I have a call to a friend I need to make.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    8barlouie, JayFreddy and william tele like this.

8. memorex

memorex Tele-Afflicted

Jan 14, 2015
    Chicago
    I have no idea what 4-19 is about, but tomorrow is 4-20, and everyone knows what that means.

9. soulgeezer

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    Four shrimp to a twenty-ounce package? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Wally likes this.

10. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 8, 2010
    Up North
    It was a bit of a scam.
    The British lost on purpose.
    The very next day, they applied for Foreign Aid.
    YEP!!!

Flakey likes this.

11. Oldgitplayer

Oldgitplayer Tele-Meister

Nov 24, 2009
    Brit in Australia
    It was on 19 April 1965 that my room was first filled with vague traces of skipping reels of rhyme.......

12. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    A moment of silence, please, for Charles Darwin, Benjamin Disraeli, Lord Byron, and Levon Helm, all of whom died on April 19th.

Tony474 and Tonemonkey like this.

13. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2014
    down every road
    Two tragic moments, actually. '94 and '95.

On a lighter note, though, on April 19, 1996, the Rangers scored 16 against the Orioles, in the 8th. :eek:

8barlouie likes this.

14. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

As good as scones are, I prefer a proper Scottish rock bun.
    Great album but I prefer Wheels of Fire.

15. soulgeezer

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    Cream made three albums, each of which was wholly different than either of the others. ("Goodbye" doesn't count; it just recycles stuff from earlier records.) I can't think of any other band that's ever done that.

That said, I tend t prefer Fresh Cream. The guitar break in Cat's Squirrel still gives me shivers all these years later. And, the version of Rollin' and Tumblin' on that album is killer.

Disraeli Gears was great psychedelia. Fresh Cream was great blues. I lean toward the more traditional blues, though there is nothing on Disraeli Gears I wouldn't listen a thousand times over (and probably already have). Wheels of Fire has a great live side, but the studio stuff isn't as interesting as the earlier music, in my opinion.

YMMV, of course!

beezerboy likes this.

16. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

May 18, 2006

Best to laugh because a smile is the greatest force to hurl against suffering.
    Liner Notes by Pete Townshend

17. soulgeezer

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    We Will Always Remember

Wait, what were we talking about again?

(Seriously, I have no idea what the OP was talking about; I only know that he said we shouldn't talk about it... Wait, what? Yeah, that sounds about right...

[​IMG]

;) :D )

18. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    I always was amazed as to why we dont celabrate "National Wiatangi Day" in February. this is an important event!

19. soulgeezer

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    If the celebration involves copious amounts of Labatt's and poutine, we really need to start promoting it harder!

24 track likes this.

20. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Yeah, those 2 chose that day to try and give their heedless, shocking act some kind of imprimatur.

No, thank you. I'm rather persnickety about how and where I want my Revolutions started. I think about that blast every time I traverse OKC on I-40. I guess in the same way people can't drive through New Orleans without thinking about a certain storm, and can't pass near the Pentagon without thinking of the impact of the plane. Many souls who should not be forgotten, and won't be so long as I live.

Ironwolf, P Thought and william tele like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.