Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Waylon - Lonesome, On'ry and Mean, Live

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Dan R, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Dan R

Dan R Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Charleston, SC

This is Waylon Live in Texas 1975. A precious jewel of Country Music. Everything is there to see, Waylon shows the signs of his vices and his humanity, with great stage presence, stripped down band, the best musicians backing him. It's just great. I was a Junior in high school when this was recorded. I hope young people today can appreciate the greatness of Waylon.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    Discreetb4u, ukepicker, Jim W and 3 others like this.

2. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Tele-Afflicted

Nov 15, 2010
    Texas
    :cool::cool::cool:

The Baddest of the Bad, the Coolest of the Cool.

I think people overlook his guitar playing...nobody should overlook any aspect of him as a performer.

Dan R likes this.

3. noname_dragon

noname_dragon Tele-Meister

Jan 13, 2010
    North east coast
    That's the real stuff right there.

Dan R likes this.

4. rad1

rad1 Tele-Meister

Aug 5, 2015
    Santa Cruz CA
    I was a huge Waylon fan back in the 70's. I don't listen to him much anymore; I better rectify that.

Dan R likes this.

5. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    I got to see him in '73 opening for The Grateful Dead and New Riders of the Purple Sage. My steel player at the time got to talk to Ralph Mooney after their set. They were really good. I liked them before, but became a fan that day.

Dan R likes this.

6. ukepicker

ukepicker Tele-Holic

Oct 15, 2013
    East Texas
    Truly one of a kind. One of those bands with a sound you know is his before the end of the first bar.
    Me and the family have been watching old Dukes of Hazzard reruns lately. That tooled leather tele opens every episode :)

Ukepicker trivia: I married into a branch of the Jennings family. My wife's grandma remembered Waylon when he was young, coming to a family reunion and climbing up in a tree with his guitar to play and sing for the kids.

Dan R likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.