Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Way Huge Problem

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by klkampman, May 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. klkampman

klkampman Tele-Meister

Jun 16, 2016
    US
    I must start by saying I am not really a fan of single brand pedalboards. While it looks clean and neat, I feel like there's a one track mind and there's no way one company can do everything the best. However, in my quest for tone I keep finding Way Huge is the winner every time. I have a WH Saucy Box that is what everything else is built around. I recently got a Fat Sandwich for thick distorted tones and it kicks ass. I am thinking about getting a Green Rhino for my in between dirt sounds. I have tried many different fuzzes and it looks like I may end up getting rid of my EQD and OBNE for a Swollen Pickle. My delay was going to be another digital (TC) but for my uses an Echo or Aqua Puss seems like perfect fit.
    I love Way Huge, I keep finding good deals on Reverb, and they beat the competition in side by side trials. I even tried some MXR but WH still wins for me.
    I love the momentary switches and top jacks. All analog is also awesome. Jeorge Tripps is my hero. If WH comes out with reverb I am in real trouble. I look like a Way Huge sales rep and now I just feel like I need the whole collection.
    In fact, I may just start with WH from now on and use whatever offering they have for a spot on my board until something comes along and takes it's place. I have used so much time searching for sounds to end up with WH in the end. Also, how many dirt oedals do you need? I thought 2 would suffice, now I'm going on 5. And I just do the classic rock to indie garage thing.
    Way Huge, Jeorge, if you need another hype Man - I Will Work for Pedals!

TL;DR Way Huge is so awesome but do not like single brand boards.

2. GuitarJonz

GuitarJonz Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 16, 2003
    MA
    Check out a Red Llama yet? Mmmmm.

klkampman likes this.

3. klkampman

klkampman Tele-Meister

Jun 16, 2016
    US
    I'd like to try one of those.

4. TimothyC

TimothyC Tele-Afflicted

May 12, 2016
    California
    I'm a way huge fanatic as well. I love the feeling of the switches they use, and being top loaded is great. I'm with you on the reverb though, I'd be in trouble as well.

Rospo likes this.

5. smithsonian

smithsonian Tele-Meister

Oct 6, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    You really can’t beat the quality vs. price.
    I use the pork loin and red llama. I would love a fat sandwich or havalina.

6. klkampman

klkampman Tele-Meister

Jun 16, 2016
    US
    I have a fat sandwich and it is great once you tweak it to your needs. I am really wanting to get all the dirt boxes from WH to find exactly what I need. Green Rhino and Red Llama is high in my list. I stayed away from GR at first because I'm not much into TS style pedals but this one sounds like it's in a class of it's own. I just don't need more than 3 dirt boxes. I can't see myself giving up my Saucy Box. Would want to try stacking a SB with the Hard Clip version since I live it so much. The FS is almost too much for me but it fills that niche for hard rock sounds. Anything from Green Day to Van Halen. I really need to fill in my Reverb/Delay/Modulation side of the board but there are so many great ODs I want to try in my never ending Tone Quest.
    If my Haunt fuzz doesn't make me happy I'm just going Swollen Pickle and beggining with WH every time I need a pedal until something else comes along better. WH makes me happy every time.

twotone60 likes this.

7. Silverface

Silverface Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Mar 2, 2003
    Lawndale CA
    I have original Green Rhino and Blue Hippo pedals and have not found the "reissues" to sound ...or react...the same. Not bad, but not the equal of the old ones.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.