Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Waterslide Font Help

Discussion in 'Finely Finished' started by picknboogie, Sep 25, 2010.

1. JBennett

JBennett Tele-Afflicted

Jun 23, 2008
    Cold Spring, NY
    I read it as Noline, but that doesn't mean it's not a nice logo.

2. melomanarock

melomanarock Tele-Holic

Jul 5, 2010
    Argentina
    Thanks guys.. It says Molina.. it's just my signature sacanned and oulined with corel.. I'll see if I work on the M to get a little clearer..

Thanks again

3. tvvoodoo

tvvoodoo Tele-Afflicted

Jun 11, 2010
    Western Canada
    What version of coreldraw are you using... you could just vectorize it with the powertrace function... pretty accurate ,find it under the bitmaps menu, on X3 or above.

4. melomanarock

melomanarock Tele-Holic

Jul 5, 2010
    Argentina
    It is vectorized. I drew over the scanned signature with bezier curves and applied some artistic media on it. I'm using X5

5. tvvoodoo

tvvoodoo Tele-Afflicted

Jun 11, 2010
    Western Canada
    I was in wally-world yesterday, to pick up some clear nail polish for repair purposes. While I was browsing around, trying to not appear like a wierdo, I noticed there is a plethura of gold and silver, and pretty much every other colour of metallics you could ever want in nail polish colours. Has anyone ever tried these - so many options and shades of golds, brasses etc... kind of mindblowing actually.

I was thinking it might be interesting to try some of the pearly whites and pastels semi combined to ape an opalesque-type inlay type logo, such as Glibson - mightent that work?

6. Wrong-Note Rod

Wrong-Note Rod Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 4, 2009
    atlanta
    yes great thread, and I also want to know, the gold metallic ink is added before, or after, the decal is applied?

7. tvvoodoo

tvvoodoo Tele-Afflicted

Jun 11, 2010
    Western Canada
    I am printing out just the outline of my finished main logo, IN REVERSE ie, mirror image, onto the waterslide paper as per normal. Other black text elements stay un-mirrored.

Then, I am applying the metallic colour carefully onto the main logo waterslide, (still on the sheet), being careful to just go evenly over the interior clear space, and into, but not outside the black line. In effect colouring in the reversed logo. Like this...

[​IMG]

Then, I am clearing that reversed logo with a few coats of krylon acrylic clear.

host surface is prepped as near glass smooth as you can, after a few coats of clear. Let dry. Add a few drops of water added onto the surface mixed with a drop of weldbond. My fancy logo is applied UPSIDE DOWN (glue surface up, the paper backing slides off the TOP, not from the bottom as per usual).

Place the logo properly, pat out excess moisture, let dry. For my black only text, I am going the usual route. Once they are all placed and dry, it's clearing time, with multiple coats, to bury, light wetsanding after four or so, another three or four, wet sand again towards levelling, repeat... - as much as you need to get things where you are satisfied.

8. Cosmitron

Cosmitron TDPRI Member

Jan 30, 2009
    France
    That's far later but I've just seen your post. :)
    Here you go:
    [​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.