Jumping in the deep end. I have long assembled partscasters. I've even done some finish work. But I've never really done any of the woodworking side of making a guitar. Always wanted to. I have lately been getting into woodworking and have completed a few projects, so what the heck. This will be an outline of my adventure - probably with too many pictures. I openly welcome any and all feedback. The Project I want to make a guitar body from scratch. I have some lumber that I grabbed for free after my folks redid their deck. I figure it would be good to learn on and if I mess it up horribly I'm not out any money. I grabbed a lengthy 2x4 to start. I have a workshop and some modest tools. My super legit 'table saw' which is basically a plywood box with a circular saw mounted upside down to a melamine board. DIY cross cut sled worked quite well here. Then I took a tape measure to an existing tele body I have. I measured about 16" top to bottom. So I did cross cuts at about 17" to give myself some excess. I don't have a jointer or a planer. But I did make a jointer jig to use with my table saw. You can see it in that first picture on the lower shelf of my workbench. I clamped these boards to the jig. The jig has a known square edge to run against my fence. Then I take the board out of the jig and flip it around, running the ripped edge against the fence. Supposedly creating two sides that are square and parallel to one another. Here are the results: Not as perfect and seemless as a jointer would produce I'm sure. But I then used a #5 hand plane to knock down any slight high spots. At this point, I guess we'll see how it goes. Not sure if this will be a viable approach to joining these boards. But I got it to a point that I think might work. Dry fitting before glue up. I find gluing to be very enjoyable for some reason. Especially once you smooth it out. And get that squeeze out to be nice and even. Again, no idea if this is actually a good idea or not - but I took some saw dust from the table saw activity and smooshed it on the glue lines. I think the idea is to help fill any minute imperfections in the joints, or if nothing else to absorb excess glue to make it easier to scrape off. Now I wait to let it dry overnight.