Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Washburn Acoustic B Bender sighting at NAMM 2011

Discussion in 'B-Bender Forum' started by BrianF, Jan 13, 2011.

1. BrianF

BrianF Friend of Leo's

I saw an acoustic B Bender at the NAMM 2011 Washburn booth...I don't know who installed it..

Forrest Lee...is this one of yours?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  2. HOBBSTER01

HOBBSTER01 Friend of Leo's

3. BrianF

BrianF Friend of Leo's

The reason I'm not sure is.. In the video of Forrest playing one on Youtube it has the normal large chrome bender hub protruding through the guitar top... This one has a mini-bender hub coming up through the bridge itself...it's not the same as the one Forrest was playing in the video

I played it...it worked well except the spring tension was too tight and throw was a bit short for my taste

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Billy B.

Billy B. Tele-Afflicted

Hey Brian,I don't know for sure if this is it.....But I spoke with Forrest last night and He said He has a new Washburn at the show ,different from the one in the Youtube Vid. Are You there all Weekend? Still a chance I may go(lookin doubtful ) but where do I find You if I do?

6. BrianF

BrianF Friend of Leo's

I don't think I am going to go back. I pretty much covered everything I wanted to see yesterday.. If Forrest said he had a new one at NAMM (at the Washburn booth) then that was the one I played... and is pictured above

7. ForrestLeeJr

ForrestLeeJr Tele-Meister

Yep... you caught me... lol

You can adjust the tension by the top cap screw. loosen for lighter, tighten for tighter...
    and the cap screw closest to the pull arm is a fine thread tuner (for really fine tuning).
    Also, inside the guitar, the throw can be adjusted longer.

check out this clip for the Gigging Musician bloggers...
    http://apps.facebook.com/youtubetabapp/profile.php?pid=155834484447168

8. Ormond

Ormond Tele-Afflicted

I played it and thought the tension was perfect. Dead-on perfect. The throw is a little shorter than on my Fender Nashville Amer. Std. but it is exactly where I want it to be for an acoustic. The tension and throw are adjustable but I would not mess with it. It is a great guitar. I want one really bad!
    I am linking here to a couple videos of it. Vids are posted on thegiggingmuscian.com YouTube Channel. There are about 13 vids as of early Sat. morning, so scroll through the right-hand list to find the two Washburn Bender clips. There is also a Johnny Hiland vid there, as well as a clip of an incredibly beautiful red/silver paisley B Bender by Forrest. I am really tempted to buy it!
    Link to vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGiggingMusician
    Kevin

9. BrianF

BrianF Friend of Leo's

Very cool Forrest!....Is the bender a joint venture with Washburn (ie available through Washburn?) or more of a mutual promotional situation?

10. Ormond

Ormond Tele-Afflicted

Hi, Brian! Total pleasure to have met you today at NAMM and walk the floor together for a while. You are a heck of a picker and bender! It was great to put a face to a name.

I got to spend a little more time with Forrest's acoustic bender - like I said, I think I will sell my Taylor(s) in anticipation of one of these acoustic benders becoming available.

11. BrianF

BrianF Friend of Leo's

Hi Kevin and Forrest!...made it back home...It was great meeting you both at NAMM. Forrest's Acoustic Bender is awesome and unique! It was fun to be able to play it again..

12. tele2313

tele2313 Tele-Meister

I hope that those guitars a avalible soon. I need a new acoustic and one with the bender would be even better.

13. stanpz

stanpz TDPRI Member

B bender

Way to go Forrest ! I have one of his tele style paisley guitars from last year's NAMM show. It's first class. This acoustic adaptation is sweet.

14. ForrestLeeJr

ForrestLeeJr Tele-Meister

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.