Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Was Burger King once good? Or do I just remember it that way cause I was kid back then?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TheGoodTexan, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Zepfan

Zepfan Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 30, 2013
    Horn Lake, MS
    BK's Grilled Chicken Whopper was fantastic.

2. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Friend of Leo's

Mar 29, 2007
    Manassas Park, VA
    They DO have a hell of a dog- great fries!

3. Chiogtr4x

Mar 29, 2007
    Manassas Park, VA
    I sort of know what you mean about Curly Fries ( not for everyone) and Poppers - almost too rich, sickly, like a ' Bloomin' Onion with that sauce!
    A few bites are good, but a few more make you sick...Ha!
    Sidebar:
    I'm probably a minority here but I like hot and mild peppers, Latino food, but NEVER warmed up to Jalapenos! It's not the heat, it's the flavor- so I don't like Poppers.
    Talking about food is up there with guitars!

4. Chiogtr4x

Mar 29, 2007
    Manassas Park, VA
    I dig Horsey Sauce- On a roast beef sandwich I do one bun side with BBQ, the other with Horsey!

FOOD, FOOD, FOOD, YAY!!!

willhowl and getbent like this.

5. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    gobi_grey likes this.

6. cincyguitarplay

cincyguitarplay TDPRI Member

Mar 7, 2008
    ohio
    :eek:I ate at BK last week...a friend of mine loves it...just made me wanna BARF....:eek:

7. Fearnot

Fearnot Friend of Leo's

Jan 17, 2010
    Decatur, GA
    I like Five Guys a lot, both the dogs and the burgers... but I never get the fries. I rarely get fries anymore anyway, but unless there are 3-4 people eating, buying a big brown bag filled with fries is just dumb. The salted peanuts are free.

8. soulgeezer

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    I've been to Five Guys a few time and every time I go there, I am amazed by the amount of grease soaking that brown paper bag. Yuck!

And, they're fries are limp, have the skin on them (not a fan of that anywhere), and they're tasteless.

They do have pretty good shakes, but not malts. Why doesn't anyone make malts anymore? They are clearly the superior ice cream based drink!

9. memorex

memorex Friend of Leo's

Jan 14, 2015
    Chicago
    I can't remember a time when Burger King didn't give me diarrhea. Fifty years ago my buds and I used to call it Home of the Plopper. I haven't eaten there in at least thirty years.

willhowl likes this.

10. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Doctor of Teleocity

Apr 28, 2003
    Nashville, TN

The events from the college years

- The year we took two full-sized kegs with us in a canoe down the river.
    - The year we burned a picnic table for campfire wood, and were subsequently banned from ever camping there again.
    - The year someone bungee strapped a Coleman grill to their canoe and cooked breakfast for everyone as we floated down the river.
    - The River Bacon year.
    - The year John was so convinced that vodka floats, he dropped an entire bottle of unopened vodka in the river, never to be seen again.
    - The year of the 2am gunfire incident.

You've probably got similar bullet points.

Thank the Lord I survived that period of my life, and came out the other side.

Mr. Lumbergh likes this.

11. PCollen

PCollen Tele-Afflicted

May 7, 2010
    Man of the World

Recently had BK Whopper and thought it was very good. Burger could be a little thicker, but was tasty. Condiments not overdone, and salad veggies fresh and crisp. And finally, it was not squashed together ; bun was better tasting than most sold in grocery stores. There are certainly better, for higher cost. But for a quick under $5 burger I liked it. And it's big enough, for me, to not need the fries or other add on's.

12. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

May 18, 2006

Yeah, I don't get it. Fresh cut fries twice fried in peanut oil. How do they manage to **** that up? Their burgers are a soggy mess, too.

13. Paul Jenkin

Paul Jenkin Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Aug 17, 2017
    Essex, UK
    It's been a while since I ate Burger King - not by choice, just because they don't seem to have outlets near where I work and travel to anymore.

I always preferred BK to McD as the BK staff in the ones I have frequented would provide me with what I want - Burger, Bacon and a bun - i.e. none of the limp lettuce and plastic "ick" (aka cheese). I might put some ketchup or relish on, if available.

I do go into McD's daily, though, for an early morning pot of porridge and a coffee.

14. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    One of the few things my son and I disagreed on, he loved Burger King, and I just couldn't eat the stuff that came from that grease pit! Now, I know that's plain silly, 'cause I've eaten at lots of grease pits, I just didn't like that particular grease pit.

15. gobi_grey

gobi_grey Tele-Holic

Jun 7, 2011
    clinton, ia
    I had BK last night. I was in a hurry and they are cheap. Two regular cheeseburgers. (You didn't used to have to specify. A cheeseburger was a cheeseburger). It was alright for something quick and cheap I guess but nothing like it was in the early 90's when I was a little kid.

16. soulgeezer

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    Not for nothing, but every week before rehearsal I go to McDonald's, because it quick, cheap, and on the way to the studio. I usually get two cheeseburgers, a four-piece chicken McNuggets, and a small French fries. Total? $4.93. I mean, seriously, how do you beat that?

Toto'sDad likes this.

17. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Have you ever had anyone check that order to see if it was actually food? Could be, well it could be anything! :D:D

18. soulgeezer

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    Whatever it is, it tastes good and I ain't dead yet, so... WIN!

Toto'sDad likes this.

19. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    I used to eat at McDonalds, Burger King and Burger Chef when I was a kid. We would go to the Cape on vacation and eat at Wendy's, which were kind of rare back then and I also remember Roy Rodgers on the Mass Pike when I was a teenager.

McDonalds is similar to what I remember except they don't fry the apple pies anymore, which sucks.

BK I remember being better than it is now, but I would imagine my tases have changed since I was a kid.

Wendy's is pretty much the same but greasier, but again, it could be the age thing.

Once in a while I take my kids to Sonic and it's not bad. I wouldn't eat there all the time, though. Now and again we go to Chik Fil a as well and for what it is it's good.

Best thing is to not eat much FF but I do remember when BKs was flame broiled and there would be smoke coming out of the roof.

willhowl likes this.

20. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Are you familiar with the term "time release?" :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Paul in Colorado and soulgeezer like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.