Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Warmoth Neck Specs?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Danelbaum, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Danelbaum

Danelbaum TDPRI Member

Jul 19, 2017
    Boston
    Hi Guys,

I'm thinking about ordering a new Warmoth neck for my maple neck Eric Johnson strat. I'm considering the following specs:

- Vintage Modern
    - 10-16 compound inch radius
    - 1 11/16 in nut
    - Clapton profile (I like the V of the EJ, boatneck is too thick)
    - rosewood fingerboard
    - roasted maple neck
    - 21 frets, 6105 tall nickel
    - Clear satin nitro finish

I've never ordered a new neck before, and I'm wondering if there's anything I'm not considering. I have the following main concerns:

- My nut isn't exactly either 1 11/16 or 1 5/8 inches. Can I get either size while keeping my current vintage style bridge?
    - I like the idea of the compound radius, but my EJ has vintage stagger pickups. Will the strings sound overly unbalanced near the end of the fretboard?
    - I can get the neck with or without mounting screws. I'm wondering
    if without is the better option to ensure a good fit. I'm going to have my luthier professionally install the neck, set it up, and crown/polish the frets.

Any advice is more than appreciated, whether it's to point out red flags or to simply say I'm good to go. Thanks guys!

2. rigatele

rigatele Tele-Holic

Apr 20, 2014
    Ontario
    Go with stainless steel frets if you play the guitar a lot.

3. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Lubbock, TX
    A proper nut should be built to the neck.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.