Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Wampler Tumnus Deluxe

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by LP26, Nov 23, 2017.

1. LP26

LP26 Tele-Meister

Nov 5, 2017
    Earth
    Wampler has recently released a Tumnus Deluxe The biggest difference seems to be a wider range of tone controls - Bass & Mids - added to the existent treble control.

I have a Tumnus and love it, leaving me way short on any temptation to purchase the new "deluxe" version.
    I'm simply curious as to how you other Tumnus owners are feeling about this new version of an already great pedal.

Are any of you tempted to purchase the bigger box feeling lured by the broader range of tone controls and the addition of a normal/hot operating mode switch?

mnutz likes this.

2. thefruitfarmer

thefruitfarmer Tele-Meister

Sep 26, 2013
    kent UK
    What do you get a guitarist who has everything already?

3. LP26

LP26 Tele-Meister

Nov 5, 2017
    Earth
    More of everything, I suppose.
    As for me, more is simply more.

thefruitfarmer likes this.

4. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Friend of Leo's

Feb 12, 2010
    Jacksonville
    I smell a marketing gimmick.

5. LP26

LP26 Tele-Meister

Nov 5, 2017
    Earth
    Indeed...
    Make a bigger box, throw in a couple of simple circuits, charge more, and watch the fur fly as the consumptive consume.

I'm more than delighted with the Tumnus I have.
    Maybe if I didn't own a Tumnus already I might entertain an internal debate as to which I wanted.

6. DeVilleDude

DeVilleDude Tele-Holic

Some like the simplicity of the original Tumnus, but there's been a fairly big demand for additional gain and tonal flexibility from current Tumnus users. You know, many of us pedal geeks love having lots of paramaters to tweak ;)
    I've been following the klone wave for quite a while, but never jumped at any of them....yet. Based on the small Tumnus' popularity, this might be the one. And since I'll have 2 options, I'd go with the most versatile one. Sometimes, the more expensive version of a product, in the end, offers greater value. I think it's cool that many of the current crop of builders are listening to us users, and giving us practical updates to existing products. Yeah, Brian and others may be making money by doing so (nothing wrong with that), but he's also satisfying a demand, and creating happy, loyal customers. Seems like a win/win to me.

mnutz, thefruitfarmer and Jules78 like this.

7. Jules78

Jules78 Tele-Meister

Dec 12, 2016
    Northern VA
    When I had a tumnus I fed it to a second od pedal and an eq pedal is kinda a no brainer.

WaylonFan76 likes this.

8. jannodude

jannodude Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Aug 10, 2016
    SF Bay Area/California
    I would get one but I already have the small regular Tumnus! Been happy so far! One thing I like about the new deluxe version is the ability to change it to True Bypass as others reports the Tumnus "colors" your tone with low end. I don't mind it at all, as I actually like the added low end tone.

9. buckwalder

buckwalder Tele-Meister

Jun 25, 2014
    utah
    I just bought one today
    Be aware, the fist batch had issues.
    If you have one with an m as the first letter in the serial number you are good to go.
    Just a heads up.

mnutz likes this.

10. buckwalder

buckwalder Tele-Meister

Jun 25, 2014
    utah
    I just wanted to add, wampler is bending over backwards to take care of those that bought the faulty pedals from this series .

mnutz likes this.

11. LeicaBoss

LeicaBoss Tele-Meister

Oct 16, 2015
    New Jersey
    The different tone stack and expanded gain range do make the pedal more flexible and perhaps useful in some applications. Not a gimmick - just not for everyone.

mnutz likes this.

12. mnutz

mnutz Tele-Afflicted

It's on my Christmas list!

13. WaylonFan76

WaylonFan76 Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 22, 2008
    South Lousiana
    If anybody wants to upgrade, I’d gladly take your original Tumnus off your hands at a reasonable price...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.