Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

[Walrus Audio Vanguard] My new favorite phaser that will never leave my pedalboard. Here's my demo.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by italobrito, Apr 4, 2016.

1. italobrito

italobrito TDPRI Member

Feb 8, 2016
    Brazil

Hey guys, very excited right now :D Over the past months I went from a guy who completely disliked phasers to one who absolutely loves them and the Vanguard just sealed the deal to make a permanent stop at my pedalboard. Damn, this thing sounds great. A lot of you are already familiar with it but it's essentially just two phasers running in series (a main 10-stage one, controlled by the top knob row, and a second one controlled by the bottom row). The second phaser has 3 distinct modes and extra modulation dedicated to it (that can also be dialed back through the Tweak knob). You can also isolate any of the four phasers by turning all the way back the knobs of the one you don't want. On the top of it, it can run in stereo, has expression out and can save up to 3 presets.

I'm glad I ended up keeping this one. I just can't stop playing it.

What do you think?

(by the way, regarding the demo, a friend does the music stuff and I do the co-production/video/photos)

2. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 6, 2010
    Twangsylvania
    Are you getting paid (via income or product) for these videos?

3. Dr Anatta

Dr Anatta Tele-Meister

Oct 14, 2015
    Texas
    It smells like an ad, and it walks like a duck.

Besides, no one has ever met the claim of a pedal never leaving their board.

4. italobrito

italobrito TDPRI Member

Feb 8, 2016
    Brazil
    Well, I might change my mind in the future, who knows, but I've had my Hoof on my pedalboard for around 4 years now and it's also one of the few I said it was going to stay forever at the time. I feel strongly about the Vanguard staying.

Only downside of the Vanguard for me is the size, since it's still an effect I don't use a lot of the time and I wish I could fit more pedals on my board. The only contender I could see possibly replacing it is the ChaseBliss Audio Wombtone because of that but I don't quite feel like buying a Wombtone just to find that out.

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.