Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Walking Dead - Season 2. Who's in?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TJNY, Oct 13, 2011.

1. elicross

elicross Poster Extraordinaire

There's a perfect reason for those super massive tension build-ups to be there: To build up super massive tension. It's a horror TV show about zombies! :D

2. ASAT-Sean

ASAT-Sean Tele-Meister

I'm totally in. Anything with Zombies I gotta watch, I even watch foreign films about Zombies. Loved the first season and I'm totally hooked! BRING ON THE WALKERS!

3. tele salivas

tele salivas Poster Extraordinaire

Great opener. I agree about the herd scene. I didn't think that was overdone at all. Great tension, and we got varied release valves springing open here and there. This is good Zombie stuff! Remember the first season where Rick put on a Zombie's clothes to mask his own scent when overtaken by another herd and he had to walk among them? It takes a bite to get infected. Surface contact will not cause the sickness. I am wondering when Michael Rooker's character will meet up with the group, again? Considering they left him to get eaten alive, he's got some vengeance on his mind, for sure. More brains!

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. tele-bastard

tele-bastard Friend of Leo's

Still have not checked out a full episode. I love me some zombie fun though. Watched Zombieland for the second time tonight, lots of fun.

6. tele salivas

Zombieland is a great movie. Woody Harrelson is fantastic in that type of character.

7. looney77

looney77 Tele-Afflicted

I dig it. I missed the first season, but dvr'd the marathon before the season 2 premiere and watched them all together that day. Great show!

Now, if "Justified" would just come back.

8. RedRock

RedRock Tele-Holic

The episode on 10-23 was a real snoozer.

Soap opera with a token walker for the first 50 minutes.
    Then a sneak around a herd, and a herd chase at the very end.
    Probably one of the most inexpensive to produce so far.

Still, I'll watch it next Sunday.

9. garytelecastor

garytelecastor Poster Extraordinaire

I didn't get to see it tonight. But they place the full episodes on AMC.com on Monday.

I did get to see the Talking Dead show afterwards, and to be honest, I don't see it lasting long. All they do is tell jokes and engage in conjecture about the plot.
    Tonight they had the creator of the series on and every question he was asked was answered with "uh.....I can't talk about that....uh...."

I am really looking forward to "Hell on Wheels". Looks like they are going out of their way to create a realistic and gritty show.

10. tele salivas

Yeah, not much in the way of development or action...but next week looks to be a pretty good one. My wife pointed out an interesting thing. The old veterenarian, Hershel, usually does play a bad dude in his roles if you want to approach it from a purely casting director perspective, and there was quite a bit of reference to mistrust and deceit, if you want to look at it from a pure dialogue perpsective. He might have the girl?

11. elicross

elicross Poster Extraordinaire

I think it's a testament to this show's writing, acting, and direction that the so-called "soap opera" parts were more harrowing and emotionally draining than the zombie encounters.

This is a TV series, not a movie. It's not 90 minutes and done; it's an hour a week. It can't be All Zombie Chases, All The Time. The producers are smart enough to know it's got to have characters we care about, and it's got to have conflict and tension outside of the shambling flesh-eaters. If you see the human side of the show -- the deeper characterization and the human conflict -- as unwanted "soap opera" stuff, then this show is not for you and you should stop watching it. You're never going to be entirely happy with it...not unless the producers lose sight of its long-term appeal and gut it by trying to make it a non-stop monster movie.

If they do...enjoy it for the short time it lasts.

12. TJNY

TJNY Friend of Leo's

INHO, they have to have dramatic pauses between zombie encounters! I would get bored of a constant barrage of zombie encounters all episode long. The dynamics of all these different people dealing with this kind of apocalypse has to be explored. I'm sure some episodes will be more full of zombie related matters.

**SPOILER BELOW***

Next week has to deal with the two in the building with ton's of zombies waiting to eat them! That should take of some of the episode! Patience people......

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  13. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Poster Extraordinaire

Last nights show was excellent. We got cliff hangers already! I'm on the edge of my chair for next week. Damn them!

14. RedRock

RedRock Tele-Holic

Third installment action picks up.

The Law of the Jungle has arrived.

15. rcole_sooner

Ya don't gotta be faster than the zombies, just faster than your wounded friend. :D

That dude has taken a dark(er) turn.

16. 1962guitargeek

1962guitargeek Friend of Leo's

I saw it coming, still was a shock...

Leaving the guy screaming was just wrong...I would have at least done a head shot to the guy. Shane will hear the guys screams the rest of his life.....:eek:

17. Duncas

Duncas Friend of Leo's

i thought it was good but a little predictable, ever since he had the limp i knew. i liked the way they made Otis seem really nice so you felt worse when he was decapitated. thought the little poem was a humorous touch too, will they find the girl? will carl get better? will Shane get haunted by killing Otis? i think that Jun (the asian dude) will start to have a much bigger part too. same with Darryl.

i love the walking dead :mrgreen:

18. rcole_sooner

In a really good zombie flick, ya gotta worry about the people as much as the zombies ... maybe more. No safe quarter. They got both the Walking Dead and Falling Skies in that camp, so I'm likin' 'em.

19. Crowcaster

Crowcaster Tele-Meister

Catch me up.....I had to watch it on a small tv with the volume down (I had to watch the late showing cause the in-laws are staying the week) Did the zombies pull Otis's head off? And what poem?

I am enjoying this season very much, but do the walkers seem to have become alot faster?

20. Rasmuth

Rasmuth Tele-Afflicted

I liked Otis...sad to see him go so quickly....show seems to be hitting it's stride now this season

21. ASC67

ASC67 Friend of Leo's

I just found out that you can download episodes from Amazon fot $1.99 an episode, looks like I won't have to wait for on comcast On Demand.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.