Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Walking Dead - Season 2. Who's in?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TJNY, Oct 13, 2011.

1. sixstringbastard

sixstringbastard Friend of Leo's

Mar 21, 2003
    Pittsburgh PA
    +1 on the Max Brooks (son of Mel) books. They're fantastic!

2. PapaBeef

PapaBeef Friend of Leo's

Mar 1, 2004
    EN JAY
    Hmmmm.
    Looks interesting.
    I think I could watch this.

3. Duncas

Duncas Friend of Leo's

Nov 11, 2010
    Wolverhampton UK
    Game of thrones is intense!

4. middy

middy Friend of Leo's

Apr 28, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Maybe Merle got hold of the chopper and is leading the zombies after the group? Kind of a stretch... but in season one he stole the box van and zombies showed up at camp soon afterward... Did Daryl really hallucinate Merle in the woods? I guess so, because he had two hands.

5. PapaBeef

PapaBeef Friend of Leo's

Mar 1, 2004
    EN JAY
    I figure Merle has to be connected in some way with the copter because it would have been the easiest way for him to have escaped the roof.
    The building & the whole surrounding area were overrun.
    I don't know that he's herding the zombies toward the group. But being the jackass he was, I'm sure he's flying around looking for trouble.
    2 weeks now without TWD. And I'm losing my damn mind.

6. TC6969

TC6969 Friend of Leo's

Dec 28, 2007
    Rockledge Florida
    Heres a thought (Its a stretch).

What if Merle flagged down the chopper, got out of the cuffs and put a fresh zombie hand on the roof by the pipe?

If it was a COP helicopter, there would be an abundance of keys since every LEO I've ever seen carried at least two at all times.

I know its a stretch, but hey the whole darned show is a stretch!

7. middy

middy Friend of Leo's

Apr 28, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Shooting down my own theory...

A helicopter is pretty impossible to fly without killing yourself unless you are trained, but Merle had that monologue in season one talking about knocking out that NCO's teeth. He mentioned a long time in solitary for that... would a warrant officer get solitary for punching out an NCO? (typical Army chopper pilot is a chief warrant officer, officers too, but Merle doesn't strike me as the bachelor's degree type). I guess if the NCO was a E9 or higher, the penalty could be pretty severe.

Still, even warrant officer school involves calc and trig... I don't buy Merle being a chopper pilot, unless he was "just a natural and picked it up somewhere," which would cause me to roll my eyes.

8. jonzer

jonzer Friend of Leo's

Jun 23, 2005
    Virginia
    Actually, in Daryl's dream sequence, I don't think it showed both of Merle's hands.

The zombies were following the helicopter, even though they only saw it for a few minutes at most. And they just kept going in the same direction until a sound made them change course and head in the direction of the sound. In this case, the sound was a gun shot at the farm. Talk about bad timing.

I don't know if it's the same helicopter from the first episode...but it could be and probably doesn't matter. But I do believe it took the Walkers weeks, maybe months even, to go from Atlanta to the farm.

9. EasyEB

EasyEB Tele-Meister

May 2, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    I'm not so sure. What we do know is that we are 4 months into the zombie apocalypse. If the helicopter is the same one from the 1st episode, why didn't Rick, Glen and the others see the herd heading out of town on any of the occassions they returned into Atlanta? Surely they would have seen them as that was a huge pack. Rick, Glen, Daryl and TDog all walked back to camp from Atlanta in a few hours.

10. TC6969

TC6969 Friend of Leo's

Dec 28, 2007
    Rockledge Florida

You think you man enough? Come on up and do it then!
    [​IMG]

A REAL WD fan would have been looking for that hand from the minute Merle showed up! :lol:

11. TeleBrew

TeleBrew Friend of Leo's

Yeah. Living humans tire. Walkers do not.

12. PapaBeef

PapaBeef Friend of Leo's

Mar 1, 2004
    EN JAY
    Merle doesn't necessarily have to be the one flying the helicopter.
    Certainly don't take no genius to sit in one while somebody else operates it.
    I just figured since he was stuck on the roof of the building that was overrun with walkers whoever was flying the thing could have seen him & rescued him.
    It doesn't even matter if it was a police helicopter either. It could very well have been some other crazy mofo flying around in it. And they couldda become best buds.
    I just can't wait until fall.
    Football & The Walking Dead...That's the stuff.

13. Duncas

Duncas Friend of Leo's

Nov 11, 2010
    Wolverhampton UK
    they followed Merles blood into the neighbouring building where they found that he had sealed his wound. so yes he definitely has only one hand. got to remember the building was the shopping centre one that was utterly surrounded, how would merle have got out? my only idea is he is still in there

14. middy

middy Friend of Leo's

Apr 28, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Then who stole the box van and led the walkers to camp?

15. castpolymer

castpolymer Poster Extraordinaire

May 27, 2008
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Keyser Soze framed Merle. The wacky Keyser, always framing folks. :D

Attached Files:

• 69.jpg
      69.jpg
      File size:
      53 KB
      Views:

16. Duncas

Duncas Friend of Leo's

Nov 11, 2010
    Wolverhampton UK
    who said the walkers were led to the camp?

plus someone could easily have stolen the box van and drove off. Merle wouldnt have known they'd escaped in it anyway

17. voodoo_idol

voodoo_idol Friend of Leo's

Mar 1, 2009
    Pasadena, CA

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.