VOX V15 Resurrection - help needed!

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by bcguitars, Nov 19, 2014.

1. bcguitars

bcguitars TDPRI Member

Hi Jon, im guessing you are my mysterious benefactor on my website who's helping me troubleshoot the amp? :)

Scott - thanks for the tip! They've been recommended to me as well before - I want to use it as a bit more of a learning experience though, hence all the messing about :)

Up to now with jon's help, I've ruled out the preamp stage as a hum source and checked the sockets. The replacement at7i got is also also of the wrong type so there's another on its way. If anyone is interested I can update this as I go along.

2. deadbeat son

deadbeat son Tele-Afflicted

I'm interested. I hope you get the issues resolved shortly!

3. Nikk

Nikk TDPRI Member

Hi Just a long shot but looking for some Hi res photos of this amp circuit to trouble shoot mine . looking also for the capacitor type on the last el84 think it is a tantalum but not sure mine has been altered . Would be very grateful for a few high res shots to get component values and also check wiring as said mine has been molested at some point . Many Thanks Nikk

bcguitars likes this.
  4. bcguitars

bcguitars TDPRI Member

Hi nikk, just seen this!! I will have a look and see what I can find for you, might be a week or so though, cheers Ben

5. Nikk

Nikk TDPRI Member

Great

6. Nikk

Nikk TDPRI Member

I am about 80%there but there has been some fiddling about in there . Really would appreciate anything as it is difficult when it is non standard. The amp did work but it seemed very low on output and there was an awful crackling and popping which i think i have found in the grounds. there was also some de-lamination of the PCB so it is getting ever more like a point to point by the day. I have gone for new valve sockets and filter Caps and do all the wiring again along with the pots which looked a bit worse for wear and the middle control felt like it had sand in it , whats the worst that can happen ???? Thanks Nikk.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.