Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Vox Pathfinder Owners

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by robb3566, Jun 12, 2009.

1. LGOberean

LGOberean Poster Extraordinaire

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I just tried that setting. All I can say is I gotta echo your "I'll be darned" reaction! :eek: If that's not a Blackface sound, it'll do until a Blackface comes along. ;) I like it both clean and with OD. I tried it with both Gain and Volume set somewhere between 8 and 9 o'clock. It was still too loud for "don't wake the kids" applications, but I've got the house to myself right now, so... I didn't touch the settings on my pedal, played through it set just like it was the last time I used it. However, I did roll back the tone on my tele a bit. I have been and remain a true fan of the PF15R. This setting just adds yet another dimension to the possibilities. Such a versatile little amp!

ssmtb, you referred to yours as a Pathfinder 15. Doesn't yours still have a jack input on the rear panel for headphones? Would that be an option for the volume levels you seek when the kids are asleep?

2. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Making your VOX sound blackface sounding....

Somebody put me back on the fridge.

;)

LGOberean likes this.
  3. robt57

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR

So no one has to hear it trying to sound blackfaced but you...

[​IMG]

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. LGOberean

LGOberean Poster Extraordinaire

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Something tells me you'll be getting a lot of mileage out of this latest point of discussion...:twisted:

6. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Jul 28, 2009
    philly suburbs
    Use two in tandem.....Stereo delay pedal, A/B , whatever.... killer bang for the buck. Been using mine for YEARS!

7. robt57

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Nah, hit and run. Far be it from me to really say how someone should sound. I have and love my 15R personally, but I use a even more mid heavy speaker with it. I do not have any SF or even the 63 Pro that got traded out 2 months back, a Brownie. Never had a BF, although did have a 'BlackFaced' BMR VV clone, and a Pro Series 93 Super Amp which had a push pull Bassman/BF in the circuit. Always in the fat position.

When I played out with these I could never get heard, pumping mids to where no one else was worked better for me...

8. Michael A.

Michael A. Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Virginia Beach, VA
    And that mid-heavy speaker would be? And is that for gigs or home practice? Just curious.

9. Mr Scallywag

Mr Scallywag Tele-Meister

Apr 15, 2016
    Australia
    I sometimes run my Pathfinder through a Night Train 112 cab, which has the Greenback, a middy speaker. It can seem a bit muffled after the normal speaker - I also ran it through a Vintage 30 and that was spikey. I haven't found one that's as good as the stock but bigger. Not that I've looked much.

10. robt57

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Red Fang, did not get it out but pretty sure it would hang with all but a super aggressive drummer, or too big an area. That is a loud speaker, also have used a Greenback with it, sounded good, but not sure it would be loud enough for rambunctious sessions.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.