Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Vox BC 108 and tube heads

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Il Belva, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Il Belva

Il Belva TDPRI Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Italy
    Hi guys,
    I was thinking to get a Vox BC 108 speaker for home use (not gigs nor reharsals).
    The spec table says that this cab can handle up to 15w, does it mean that I can hook up my AC15c2 to it? It would be very weird!
    Anyway I was thinking to use it with a bassbreaker 007 head that I'm going to get in the next days.
    Do you think this thing can handle 7 "real" watts for home use (I surely won't crank it up at max!)

2. LGOberean

LGOberean Poster Extraordinaire

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Huh? o_O:confused: The specs on the Vox page for this speaker cabinet says it's rated for 25 watts RMS max input. http://www.voxamps.com/BC108

3. Dacious

Dacious Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Godzone
    Should be able to handle an AC15 easy. It's not a very efficient speaker, and being 8" will likely sound smaller than you're used to - but that's the point of a home speaker.

4. Il Belva

Il Belva TDPRI Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Italy
    Yep you're right, sorry for the typo

5. Il Belva

Il Belva TDPRI Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Italy
    The inefficency is a plus for home use. My problem is just psychological: it is so weird connecting a big beast like an AC15 to that cab!!!

6. Dacious

Dacious Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Godzone
    Check out a few of the small acoustic amps designed for street performance - some of them have dual cone concentric 6" speakers - but can fill a mall!

For your uses the small cab is ideal. You're right, the inefficient rating is a plus for home use.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.