Vox ac30cc2 schematic w/ fixes.

Discussion in 'Amp Tech Center' started by Lord_Ingipz, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Lord_Ingipz

Lord_Ingipz Tele-Meister

My cousin and I are planning a day to go over my amp to generally service and do a go over the amp since he's majored in electronics. Having said that I looked online and generally see ac15, vintage ac30's/ac50's and can't seem to find the right schematic for this amp. Also going to see if I could pull the rectifier switch since it's virtually useless and don't use it.

2. heltershelton

heltershelton Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

i wish i could help you....i have one too and learned the hard way not to use the standby. its a design flaw in that particular amp.

3. Snfoilhat

Snfoilhat Tele-Holic

I can't speak to how legit this is, but it's what a search turned up. The page w/ the schematic doesn't appear to have all the component values listed, but it may still help you navigate the connections, and you could write in the values from your own amplifier. PDF attached.

Edit to say: it's a weird document. It is called a block diagram (rather than a full schematic) and so one should expect it to be incomplete. It is incomplete -- for example there are no plate load resistors shown, and some of the coupling caps are omitted. But it doesn't really call to the reader's attention where it is incomplete, making it tricky to interpret.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    24 track likes this.
  4. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

thanks for the schematics I save them when i find them just incase, I had lots of Vox ac10,15,30,50,( and reissues from 59-66 ,I think) and belvedier, but not one for AC30cc2

5. heltershelton

heltershelton Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

i belong to a vox thing....there is this guy there who is a vox guru....ill see if i can put you in contact with him. he does all kinds of mods and stuff and knows these things inside and out.
    wait.....i just remembered.....his name is lyle caldwell....see if you can look him up.
    http://psionicaudio.com/services/services_amp_mod.htm

Lord_Ingipz likes this.
  6. Lord_Ingipz

Lord_Ingipz Tele-Meister

Thank you! Sent him an email, hope to hear back soon.

heltershelton likes this.
  7. Lord_Ingipz

Lord_Ingipz Tele-Meister

Guess I'll have to compare this and whatever lyle says the proper ratings should be

8. Lynxtrap

Lynxtrap Tele-Holic

60 years in business and Vox has yet to produce an intelligible schematic ;)

Snfoilhat and Lord_Ingipz like this.
  9. gusfinley

gusfinley Tele-Holic

Lyle has some modifications documented somewhere for the CC series. He explained them on the Plexi Palace forum ( and perhaps other places). I don't think there are much - mostly changing the plate resistors on the input tube from 100K to 220K. Some versions had a high-pass filter in the effects loop. I believe Lyle likes to a "cool" switch to settle down the top boost channel a bit.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Lord_Ingipz likes this.
  10. Lord_Ingipz

Lord_Ingipz Tele-Meister

I'll hunt them down. Mainly just want to see what the proper voltages are and if there are mods I'd like to do. I don't use the FX loop since I'm a cable short so everything goes through the front. Thank you for the tip!

11. Lord_Ingipz

Lord_Ingipz Tele-Meister

Dang, the plexi palace forum is closed. Emailed Lyle but no word yet.

12. Piotr

Piotr Tele-Afflicted

Is there a specific reason for you needing the schematic, i.e. some kind of faulty behaviour of the amp?

The service manual is available here:
    http://schems.com/bmampscom/vox/Vox_AC30CC2_AC30CC2X%20(2005)%20SM.pdf

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    Lord_Ingipz likes this.
  13. Lord_Ingipz

Lord_Ingipz Tele-Meister

Just had an annoying speaker rattle with the top boost but plugging it in to a wall socket made it go away. Just want to get it into tip top shape.

Service manual has 404'd. :(

14. Piotr

Piotr Tele-Afflicted

Oh man, I've opened it while posting that link, it was just fine then :/ There is a slim chance I might have a copy somewhere on my computer. Shoot me a private message on Monday and I'll try to locate it for you.

Lord_Ingipz likes this.
  15. Piotr

Piotr Tele-Afflicted

@Lord_Ingipz already got the manual from me, but I'll post it here for future reference. I hope it is not against the rules, @brogh ?

Attached Files:

16. brogh

brogh Assistant Admin Staff Member

Admin Post
    not AFAIK ;)

Piotr likes this.
  17. Wyatt

Wyatt Tele-Afflicted

The big issues with the CC2 is fast-over in the rectifier because of the standby switch (something vintage AC30's did not have). If you're going in anyway, disable that switch or relocate it after the first filter cap.

18. Wyatt

Wyatt Tele-Afflicted

The link works fine if you cut and paste it into the address bar, must be the way the TDPRI handles the link?

19. Piotr

Piotr Tele-Afflicted

The link is intermittent, it seems. It might be that the server goes up and down from time to time.

20. Wyatt

Wyatt Tele-Afflicted

I think the spaces and/or parenthesis are giving the XenForo forum software a headache. But the URL certainly works in a browser.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.