Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

VM and CV Price Increase

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Synapse2k, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Zachevans3

Zachevans3 Tele-Meister

Jan 8, 2016
    Virginia
    Mine looks nice and plays great. I played a bunch of teles, my squier cv is perfect for me. I guess to each their own.

2. olefudd

olefudd Tele-Meister

Sep 27, 2009
    out yonder!
    Too heavy? My 110lb wife plays one. Tone sucks? Maybe you should spend less time posting on forums and more time practicing!

3. PaisleyAddict

PaisleyAddict Tele-Meister

Dec 12, 2015
    Springfield
    i dunno how disliking them is a reflection on my playing, not that i ever claimed to be a master guitarist, but you get on with yo' bad self. ditto for your wife.

4. JMP1

JMP1 TDPRI Member

Dec 23, 2015
    Indiana

Got to cherry pick for the lighter ones like anything else. Mine weighs 8 lb 6 oz on my postal scale, felt lighter than most.

5. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

Sep 18, 2011
    los angeles
    My vm 72 thinline is considerably lighter then my MIM 72 thinline was, probably 1.5 Lbs less. And my CVC weighs less than my classic 50's or my 60's, the latter which i just sold and was about 7.8-8 Lbs. He's probably playing CV 50's with pine. Those are pretty heavy and the only squiers i have pickup up that are. Most squiers other than the CV 50's pine models are as light or lighter than thier USA or MIM classic style teles. So unless it;s coincidence that just about every squier i have ever played or owned is on the medium to light side, then he;s judging the pine model because those generally ARE quite heave due to the apparent fact pine is just heavier than alder and ash. You see this a lot on forums where people will judge an entire line based upon on model they picked up. Thats why it's hard to really take much you hear on forums seriously. By the way, i had a CVC about 5 years ago too and that one was about the same as my current one. I had a CV 69 thinline too and that was the lightest tele i have ever held. Too light actually.

6. savofenno

savofenno Tele-Afflicted

Feb 16, 2010
    Sweden

Guess i am lucky my CVC is perfect and my black Classic 60 can compete with it! I can play 60`s Tele with all my 5 amps with full range tone, but CVC (stock) is a tad thin in bass except with 2 biggest 2x12 amps.;) I have new pickups to CVC, but i am in no hurry to swap yet.

I enjoy both equally.:cool:

Attached Files:

7. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

Sep 18, 2011
    los angeles
    Don't get me wrong, i'm not dissing the classic series. I still have a classic 50's thats one of the best built fenders i've owned and it's a fantasitc tele. My point is only that the classic vibes are absolutly in the same league as the MIM classic series and that you can get great examples of each and lousy examples of each. My 50's was my #1 till i got the CVC, but being a rosewood guy at heart the CVC edges the 50's out and is also a great example of the rosewood fender tone, where the 60's sounded great too but not as good. It was the build quality on the 60's that was bad, the worse of any fender i've owned to date. But anyways, that was my point.They are both capable of going either direction, and they both have thier cheezy parts that you wanna replace of you want them to compete with much higher $ fenders. The classic series have ok pickups, but compared to vintage style pickups they pale and are plastic with no baseplate. The CVC pickups are total vintage style and good enough that people buy the toneriders (same pickups as in the CV line) aftermarket, but the CV line's switch is garbage and pots are cheap as is the bridge plate. But thats all replaceable for about $30.

Both lines are great, but what i love about the squiers is i was able to get 2 teles not offered with the fender name on the head in the form i want. the 72 has a regular truss rod rather than the MIM or MIA's bullet, and a 4 bolt neck vs thier 3. The CVC is double bound which today is obnly available thru MIJ, and i HAD a 2014 one and it sounded horrid. Sold it and got the CVC, my only other 62 custom option and i LOVE it.

8. I for one love my Vibe and VM guitars.. let me get 4 guitars (adding a variety to my mix) for two guitars I sold. Love them all... I happen to buy them right before the price increase but would do it again with the current prices. Love them all.. .only made a few upgrades to 2 of them. The other two are bone stock and staying that way.

CV Custom Tele (upgraded saddle/pickups to TS) new $350
    CV Aztec Gold Strat anniversary 50's model (upgraded pickups to TS) used $250 with case
    CV 60's Strat in LPB (stock) NOS $375
    VM Deluxe Tele (stock) new $250 MF president's sale plus $100 off - they are back up in price now

9. olefudd

olefudd Tele-Meister

Sep 27, 2009
    out yonder!
    Don't take me to seriously, I go a little overboard sometimes.
    BTW my wife doesn't play guitar. My CV Tele is a little on the heavy side but compared to my LP it''s a light weight. As far as tone goes, I've never played a bad sounding CV or CVC, so I don't get where you're coming from with that statement.

10. bricksnbeatles

bricksnbeatles Tele-Afflicted

Apr 8, 2014
    Long Island, NY

Yes, they are good quality instruments, and therefore aren't the traditional "budget" guitar, but my point is, that they are good inexpensive option for younger players, and by driving the prices up, it makes it so a quality instrument isn't as attainable to these kids and teens (and adults that can't afford a more expensive instrument), and they are more likely to get stuck with a total POS bc it's now the only thing in their budget. Here's an example: I was planning on buying a VM bass vi for a while now. I had $100 store credit at gc, and I had been saving up spare cash for MONTHS to buy it. I finally have just enough cash to buy it, and I have it in my cart. I click check out, and it's $100 more. In those 5 min, the bass jumped $100, and now I couldn't afford it any more. Now, bc they raised the prices, I can't afford it any more, and they lost a customer. If this happened with me, I'm sure I'm not the only customer they lost by bringing the prices out of the spending of these kids.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.