Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Vintique: Excitement, Anger and Astonishment!! The FIVE YEAR Telecaster...

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by MandyMarie, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Bakersfield Ca.
    Warmoth bodies and necks. All he does is paint em and bolt them together.

2. TelZilla

TelZilla Friend of Leo's

Jan 21, 2007
    Cleveburg, USA
    Holy effing crap.

Shocking. Atrocious. Obscene.

3. maestrovert

maestrovert Poster Extraordinaire

Yup. i haven't visited their site in quite some time, but they used to plainly state that they used Warmoth wood.....

4. markophonic

markophonic Tele-Afflicted

Mar 17, 2003
    Michigan
    ENTIRE POST REMOVED BY WEBMASTER

;)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2007

5. chet

chet Banned

Aug 30, 2004
    The Jersey Shore
    I think Danny said that he was giving the guy another chance and that he has things going to his satisfaction. Let's wait and see...:D

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2007

6. jimfog

jimfog Tele-Meister

Mar 17, 2003
    Philly
    Ron,

I think some of the problem here is, you seem suprised by Jay's "sudden" business issues.....

Some of us who've been around and paying attention to this saga, or been personally involved, can date his problems back 7-8 years!!!!

So yeah....there's a bit of piling on from folks who learn fresh about Vintique's BS every time one of these situations comes up..........but there's even more frustration and a feeling of "not again!!" from the rest of us.

In other words........this ain't no new situation, unfortunately. The only thing unique is the remote possibility that Danny actually gets a little satisfaction.

I'm hoping......but not betting.

- Jim

7. TDPRI

TDPRI Administrator Staff Member

Mar 2, 2003
    TDPRILAND
    Admin Post
    I realize that it is a "joke", but the TDPRI cannot be held liable for threats made against individuals. It's a joke to you, but it wouldn't be a joke to me if something bad happened to Mr. Montrose and a prosecutor used posts here as evidence that the TDPRI was used to incite people to illegal acts.

I'm going back and editing out the "let's get a posse and ride up there and hurt this guy" comments. If any others are made I'll simple close this thread.

People need to stop and THINK before posting. No, make that stop and think twice before posting.

Paul Green

8. Dave W

Dave W Friend of Leo's

May 15, 2003
    Minnesota
    REMOVED BY WEBMASTER

I'm glad Danny started this thread because it has exposed Vintique's practices to a wide audience. But Danny hasn't asked anyone here to help him get his money or his guitar back, and if he does, I'm confident that he won't be asking anyone to be a vigilante.

As I said awhile back, I'm disappointed that Danny hasn't taken all available legal actions, and that would include asking law enforcement to look into it. But I respect his choice. You obviously don't. You really need to back off.

9. Jon C

Jon C Tele-Meister

Mar 16, 2003
    Mid-Atlantic USA
    I think its pretty pathetic and atrocious that people are tossing around the idea of committing criminal acts against someone for someone else's beef, as legitimate as it may be.

Doing that lowers anyone who buys into it, to the level of the sorts of conduct that people are getting worked up in a lather to condemn, and it's embarrassing to the TDPRI, not to mention the potential, if remote, liability concerns it creates for Paul.

This is not a defense of anyone, including Jay or Vintique; it is a disappointing reflection on some.:oops:

10. JohnnyCrash

JohnnyCrash Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 12, 2005
    Fullerton, CA

I did think. And I thought I was bringing a lighter sense of levity and humor.

I'm sorry once again.

Speaking of this... I mean technically, couldn't Jay sue for slander/lible?

11. JohnnyCrash

JohnnyCrash Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 12, 2005
    Fullerton, CA

Jeez, it was a JOKE.

REMOVED BY WEBMASTER

I'll shut my mouth already... I tried to make a post that would bring some levity and peace... something diplomatic and pleasant, peppered with a silly joke to lighten things up...

12. Jon C

Jon C Tele-Meister

Mar 16, 2003
    Mid-Atlantic USA
    understood.... but the sentiment from others has run all through this thread, you weren't being singled out.

...it's starting to resemble the storming-the-castle scene in "Frankenstein"...:eek:

13. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Bakersfield Ca.
    Im not trying to tell Paul what to do cause its his place and he runs it as he sees fit. But this thread is nearing 20,000 views and Danny still hasnt got his guitar. Everyone knows Vintique isnt the best place to do business with.

Joe Harris 5-6 years ago was one of the first to complain about getting ripped off by Jay and back then everyone slammed him for complaining.

When Bob K first started posting here and telling everyone how good Vintique was you could order stuff and actually get it delivered.

Vintique was the first place to make a real nice bridge and saddles nice knobs etc. Once Vintique dropped off the map Callaham started making good bridges saddles knobs etc and Callaham has never ripped anyone off.

So in my mind anyway there isnt any good thats gonna come from this thread continuing. I say once it gets to 20k views Paul should lock it and we should just wait till Danny gets his guitar if he ever does LOL and let him post his opinion.

14. johnspierce

johnspierce Tele-Meister

May 7, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Good point Mark. The only thing I really keep reading this thread for is to find out what happens to Danny.

JP

15. TDPRI

TDPRI Administrator Staff Member

Mar 2, 2003
    TDPRILAND
    Admin Post
    I think that this is a good idea. I've toyed with closing the thread for a while but been on the fence until recently.

Danny can start a new post when he finally receives his new guitar.

Paul Green

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.