Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Vintage v62 Telecaster recognition

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Dragathil, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Dragathil

Dragathil TDPRI Member

Mar 10, 2017
    Poland
    Hello,

I got a question to those who know a bit better the history of budget Vintage telecaster guitars.

Is this guitar a vintage v62 or v2? The previous owner claimed it's v62 just the old one, from before the "reissued" thing.

Is there any way to tell the difference?

Attached Files:

2. t-ray

t-ray Tele-Holic

Apr 18, 2010
    Gotham City
    Based on a quick look at your photos, I suspect it might not be a genuine Fender instrument. Headstock shape does not look right, for example.

SonsOfMoog likes this.

3. Dragathil

Dragathil TDPRI Member

Mar 10, 2017
    Poland
    No, no, "Vintage" here is a brand of guitars with Wilkinson stuff in it (here's their site https://vintageguitarsus.com), mostly budget ones I guess. :p I need a help with recognizing what model of their guitar it is (old v62 since it's not "reissued" or v2), since it's hard to find any info about their history or any info at all except of reissued and icon series.

But thanks for replay.

4. SonsOfMoog

SonsOfMoog Tele-Meister

Jul 22, 2017
    US
    A shot of the headstock and serial number would help with dating the guitar. Would also avoid confusion among the folks trying to help.

5. deadbeat son

deadbeat son Tele-Holic

Apr 5, 2010
    Evergreen, CO
    Herein lies the problem. You're asking about it in the "Telecaster Discussion" forum, and it's not a Telecaster, it's a t-type guitar. You may get more knowledgeable folks responding in the "Other T-types" forum.

Dragathil likes this.

6. hotpot

hotpot Tele-Afflicted

Aug 15, 2013
    Lancashire UK
    Hi Dragathil, I'm not sure! This is my V2 Vintage telecaster if the pic helps.

[​IMG]

7. Dragathil

Dragathil TDPRI Member

Mar 10, 2017
    Poland
    That's w sweet guitar! I've never seen V2 in such color, only blonde and black ones. Anyway I sold away my vintage today and it stopped giving me a headache. Thanks for all posts guys.

hotpot likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.